There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Composer's Assistant vacancy

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Daryl

Composer's Assistant vacancy

Post by Daryl »

I thought that this might be of interest to a few people here:

kpc

Re: Composer's Assistant vacancy

Post by kpc »

I would apply, but sadly, I’m not in the UK. Good luck.
- kayle

Topic author
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

kpc wrote: Jan 30, 2019 12:02 pm I would apply, but sadly, I’m not in the UK. Good luck.
Thanks. It will be interesting to see how many applications we get and the attitude of the people concerned. :P

Alex A

Post by Alex A »

Oh no, I am tied doing my composition M.A. at Bristol until June. I might actually apply regardless and see what happens.

Thanks for this Daryl. :thumbsup:

Topic author
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Alex A wrote: Jan 31, 2019 5:50 am Oh no, I am tied doing my composition M.A. at Bristol until June. I might actually apply regardless and see what happens.

Thanks for this Daryl. :thumbsup:
You should always apply, but also be honest about your current commitments. No reputable employer is going to write you off for that, and you never know what you might be able to get out of it.

Alex A

Post by Alex A »

Daryl wrote: Jan 31, 2019 6:10 am You should always apply, but also be honest about your current commitments. No reputable employer is going to write you off for that, and you never know what you might be able to get out of it.
I am going to make this quite clear certainly. That was my thinking as well Daryl, you never know what's going to happen or who's going to get a hand on that CV.

chrisr

Post by chrisr »

Alex A wrote: Jan 31, 2019 5:50 am Oh no, I am tied doing my composition M.A. at Bristol until June
From what little I know of it, I believe that's a really great course! I have an old friend who did it way back in '97 who went on to forge a stellar career as an orchestral arranger.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Interesting! :-) Last year, I almost lost my studio rooms, as the tenant wanted a ridiculous raise on the rent, knowing I had put so much money and work into it. That got me thinking how much you tend to tie you up with these things. For a time I thought about starting all over in another city like Berlin or London. Munich is not the worst place in the world for film music, but at the same time it is far from being a big center of film business.
Finally, we could reach an acceptable solution, so, I still got my studio. Would there be a job position in my town, I would be very interested. Having to leave everything behind for it would probably go a bit far at this point, although I am generally tempted after the experience I had. Anyway, in case you also look for collaborators from abroad, remote assistance or anything in that line, I will gladly send you a CV.

Topic author
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Just to let everyone know, the position has now been filled.