There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

FabFilter / Summer Sale -25% on all bundles

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

FabFilter / Summer Sale -25% on all bundles

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Until September 1, FabFilter is running a Summer Sale, offering 25% discount on all plug-in bundles. And if you already own one or more FabFilter plug-ins, your online FabFilter account offers you 25% discount on top of the normal Personal Upgrade Offer during the Summer Sale.

_

Mikeybabes

Re: FabFilter / Summer Sale -25% on all bundles

Post by Mikeybabes »

You know, whilst I love a lot of their plugins, the icing on the cake for me is the fact they trust their customers and don’t treat them like crooks when it comes to licensing. I have two desktop computers, and two laptops and their approach means that I often reach for their products first as I don’t have to muck about when I want to use them.

Great c9mpany with great products....

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Finally, got my very first Fabfilter plug-ins.

Got the mastering bundle!

Markus K

Post by Markus K »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am Finally, got my very first Fabfilter plug-ins.

Thats where I started too. Got me a long way. Since they make pretty good sales for existing customers I have almost everything in the meantime except the synths. One of the best is the multiband comp in the mastering bundle. The two harshness presets are the best way for me to tame the omnipresent harshness in samples. Very gentle and musical. It’s also very useful for a lot of things. Eq, compressor, limiter are of course classics that work on everything. If I don’t want to loose time on decisions which plug ins to use these are the defaults more or less and you never go wrong with it. They are also very kind to the cpu.
They are not for character and maybe sometimes a bit too clean if one might say so but apart from that fab filter is a joy to work with.
The only plugin I didn’t really get warm with although I tried hard is the reverb. Its not bad and it’s very light on cpu but compared to the relabs, lexicons, altiverb there is something missing for me. Maybe just a matter of getting more into it but with the others there is enough to choose from anyway.

tack

Post by tack »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am Got the mastering bundle!
Welcome, Tanuj, to the slippery slope. I also started with the mastering bundle.
ff.png
- Jason

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am Finally, got my very first Fabfilter plug-ins.

well then, how long do you folks give it before tanuj slowly buys every plugin he'll use?

I used to think "why would anyone buy an EQ when every daw comes with one". - Now, I don't have the De-esser, but aside from that, the only things I didn't pick up were the filters/synth.