There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Heavyocity Damage 2

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Heavyocity Damage 2

Post by Guy Rowland »

https://heavyocity.com/product/damage-2/

RRP $399, Intro $299, Damage 1 owners $199

Lawrence

Re: Heavyocity Damage 2

Post by Lawrence »

I listened to a quick playthrough and thought-how many big banging drums does one need?

(I have Damage 1 and love it, but do I need more?)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Same feeling here Larry. It looks and sounds fabulous, great programming, versatile but when all is said and done its more of the same, seems to me.

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis »

This is of course the HY hyped sound but so much more than the original Damage. Great organic stuff in there, amazing Kontakt scripting and engine. If you own the original its $199 which is well worth a look. Alex does a great run-through below

Thanks, Denis

Cubase 10.5, Live 10, Mac Pro 10.14.6

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

My favourite Heavyocity library is DM-307 - I think the distinctive Damage sound has quickly dated, which isn't their fault it was just massively over-used. In the lousy final couple of Mythbusters seasons it felt like it was wall-to-wall Damage, and it was so cliched and fatiguing to listen to.

307 still sounds much fresher to me - it has the same bite and ability to cut through, but with a much broader sonic palette. I find it doesn't overly call attention to itself in the way Damage does.

Of course I realise there's a lot more to Damage 2 that that distinctive hyper-aggression, but in that area of big ethnic percussion I really do feel very well covered already.

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Ok, Have spent some time with D2, Need another perc lib like I need Covid. The programming is fantastic, nothing like it. The settings page where you can build rolls crescendos etc is innovative and real time saver. It is both a creative function and ease of use function and places D2 above all percussion libs based on programming for how I like to work. It can sound totally organic or of course be mangled to the nth degree. It does have a sound, I like the sound but that is the thing one should take into consideration, whether you like it. LA Modern Percussion to me is the standard for audio quality in a percussion library and it remains so but the quality here still is great and the programming puts it in a different league compared to other perc libs.

I am still in quarantine for the foreseeable future and my wife and I have no travel plans. D2 and Cycles by Slate and Ash are keeping me happy while being in lock down.

ComposerGuy

Post by ComposerGuy »

I love it. Less affected than the original and with more control.
-Disclaimer: I have received free libraries from East West and several others. Don’t shoot me.