There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cubase 10.5 Mix Console-Project Page linking glitch-help!

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
1gc

Cubase 10.5 Mix Console-Project Page linking glitch-help!

Post by 1gc »

Cubase 10.5. Windows10
I am dealing with a Mix Console-Project Page glitch wherin soloing an instrument in the Mix Console causes Cubase to mute the corresponding track on the Project page.
This project page track muting then over rides the soloing of said track in the Mix Console, resulting in silence from the Mix Console Track, the soloed Mix Console. track cannot be heard.
In this state it makes setting levels using the M.C.impossible. to do.
I know that this cannot be normal behavior.
But so far I can find nothing in either the manual or in utube videos to address this glitch of mine.
Is there not a way in Cubase 10.5 ( A Preference?) to link the Project Page or Mix Console functions like muting, soloing, making track selections etc. so that the Mix Console functions are replicated on the Project Page ( something similar to QLINK?)?
Thanks, and the Happiest of Holidays to all!
g.c.

Guy Rowland

Re: Cubase 10.5 Mix Console-Project Page linking glitch-help!

Post by Guy Rowland »

That sounds most odd and frustrating. There is a setting under Editing / Project & Mix Console to sync selection in Project Window and Mix Console - is that checked? I've just fired up 10.5.20 in Win 10 to make sure there was nothing weird about that version, but it all seems normal.

Topic author
1gc

Re: Cubase 10.5 Mix Console-Project Page linking glitch-help!

Post by 1gc »

Sorry Guy, I was away yesterday.
And I do have that setting checked.
There are a couple of other things I have also selected, ie, the new function in 10.5 that has Cubase load your project page colors simultaneously to the mix Console, though that may be something accomplished with only audio tracks. I mostly mix from the Stereo O.P.'s.
Thanks for the try though!
Please keep yourself safe over there and someway make a great holiday season!
g.c.