There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spitfire / Mrs Mills piano

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Spitfire / Mrs Mills piano

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Spitfire has released Mrs Mills Piano, a virtualisation of the legendary upright Steinway in Abbey Road that was used on many classic '60s recordings.
Cinesamples preceded them in sampling this instrument but that library is no longer available, so if you're into this type of piano sound — plenty of character, plenty of patina, plenty of Knees Up Mother Brown -- it's now come within reach again. For only €/$/£29.

_

Mikeybabes

Re: Spitfire / Mrs Mills piano

Post by Mikeybabes »

Despite having more pianos than Liberace, I couldn't resist this one. Brings back so many memories of playing in pubs for beer when I was a student in London in the mid 80's.

However, whilst reminiscing, I rashly attempted to play the Black and White Rag at full tempo for the first time in over a decade, and now my fingers are not speaking to me anymore.....

My wife is a proper East End Girl, so when we can get the family together again, I can force getting this out for a knees-up / Chas'n'Dave spectacular.....

Best £ 29 I've spent in a long, long time....

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I have the Cinesamples collection, and I'm disappointed to say that the Spitfire Mrs Mills sounds better. I'm happy with the Challen, but the upper range of the Spitfire Mrs Mills sounds better and overall, the piano is full of life.

Disappointed because-apparently I must have my precioussssss.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Sounds lovely but I rarely need/want that kind of sound and when I do, I can get close enough with the Chocolate Audio Steinbach.

I think I have a new mantra for those who choose to utilize it btw, “Reach for your mouse, not your wallet.”
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com