There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

50% off Nocturne Baby Grand Piano

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Rdrane

50% off Nocturne Baby Grand Piano

Post by Rdrane »

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd post here in case it interests any of you! Our lovely baby grand piano sample library is now available with a 50% discount. Throughout July the Nocturne Baby Grand Piano is only £19.99 (usually £39.99).

The Nocturne Baby Grand Piano is a beautiful six-foot baby grand that has a warm, woody tone. It's a piano that really inspired me to play when I was younger, so I was keen to ensure the Kontakt sample library retained much of the real instrument's true character and expressiveness. I recorded this a few years ago - more or less the final time I had access to the piano - using a pair of AKG 414 microphones and some lovely valve pre-amps. Every individual sample was then painstakingly reviewed and edited by hand.

The sample library has gone through many iterations over the years before I finally released it publicly a few months ago to some really great feedback:
  • "Really nice piano this one. Warm and resonant and cleverly scripted, and light on the CPU." - CGR pianoproducer.com
  • "This [piano library] has an intimacy that is unique." - Michele Paciulli
  • "This really sounds nice and open and warm" - Simeon Amburgey
Features include:
  • True sympathetic resonance samples
  • Controls to customise the volume of resonance, key noises, release samples and more
  • Key and pedal noise samples
  • Simulated soft pedal
  • For Kontakt 5.8.1 full version and above

My next project will likely be my very own upright piano, which I intend to sample even more deeply later this year, with multiple round robins and microphone positions. If there's anything you'd like to see in a new sample library, please send me a message and I'll add it to the list while I plan the recording session.

You can find out more at www.nocturnesounds.com