There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spitfire / Hammers (by Charlie Clouser)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Spitfire / Hammers (by Charlie Clouser)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Make an impact with this comprehensive collection of drums and percussion instruments. Created in collaboration with composer Charlie Clouser (Saw, Wayward Pines, Nine Inch Nails), Hammers features more than 1,000 sounds across 58 drums, including detailed hits, ensembles, over 800 performance loops, and genre-bending warps. ⁠ ⁠ With this selection of explosive drums recorded in a Brutalist space made of concrete, glass, and steel—allowing for a uniquely sharp attack and controlled reverb—composers will have a powerful tool for creating hard-hitting rhythms, elevating your craft and supercharging your compositions."

INTRODUCTORY PRICING
Save over 20% off RRP until 12th August 2021: €209.31 (instead of €299).

OWN ORIGINALS: CINEMATIC PERCUSSION?
You are eligible for 30% off the full price of Hammers. Customers must own Cinematic Percussion
and be logged in to see this exclusive discount. Ends 12th August.

_

wst3

Re: Spitfire / Hammers (by Charlie Clouser)

Post by wst3 »

I have (had) no intention of purchasing yet another percussion library. And the whole artist curated (or at least endorsed) library thing is getting a tad long in the tooth (pretty quickly too!)

And yet for some reason I watched the videos and listened to the demos.

I have to admit, I'm sold on the idea. This is a percussion library that does not sound like the rest, in a good way.

I could probably recreate the vibe, if not the sound, with my collection of oddities from 8Dio and Soundhammer. In fact that's what I use them for, except not to the same degree.

I really don't need another percussion library, but I really like this one. A lot. It could maybe even be a one stop shop for stuff that I currently have to dig for, except maybe the digging is the point??

Regardless, Mr. Clouser and Spitfire have done a wonderful job with this library! I tip my hat in their general direction (which is a neat trick, since one is to my east, and the other to my west).

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

wst3

Post by wst3 »

you might just be on to something there!

I spent (too much) time yesterday playing with Antidrum Machine, Little Epic Percussion, Apocalypse Percussion, amd Epic Room Percussion, not to mention various toms, frame drums, etc. It's quite the assortment of sounds!

Then I listened (again) to the demos for both Full Contact Drums and Hammers. I've come to the conclusion that I really do not NEED another percussion library, but I am going to buy Hammers anyway. It is different, and sometimes different is great!

Stixman

Post by Stixman »

I had a quick comparison to Lad drums Hammer though similar sounding to me...has that powerful compression/eq pre-rolled for instant impact so I may pick it up...but on the high £ side even with the discount imo but definitely useful offering.

IFM

Post by IFM »

I wasn't looking for another percussion library either, but this one was a real winner.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

My impression from the demos is that, sonically, Hammers is right up there with the top percussion libraries; but what really impresses me is the workflow. It appears to be best in class.

Best,

Geoff

riffwraith

Post by riffwraith »

Hi all :)

As I did several yrs ago with HZ01, I did a rhythmic set freebie for Hammers. it's here:

http://jeffreyhayat.com/temp/SFA-Hammers_rhythms.zip

Can someone post this on the VI forum?

Thx!

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Why isn't it titled, 'Avin a look at: 'AMMERS by Spitfire Audio?

Best,

Geoff

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Geoff Grace wrote: Aug 08, 2021 8:18 pm Why isn't it titled, 'Avin a look at: 'AMMERS by Spitfire Audio?

Best,

Geoff
Very good question. :D

riffwraith

Post by riffwraith »

Hey - did anyone ever post the thingie ^ on VI?