There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

u-he updates across the range

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

u-he updates across the range

Post by Guy Rowland »

The Performance Update

Native support for Apple Silicon, and more...
We saw Apple's switch to their own CPU architecture as a welcome opportunity to up our game and “go native”, so to speak. After several months of hard work, we have new plug-in versions, all refactored to offer a massive performance boost on recent Macs with Apple Silicon CPUs, especially if your host application has also gone M1-native. This means more instances of your favourite u-he plug-ins!

Users of other computer systems are not left out in the cold: We improved multi-core support for Intel-based Macs and the GUI response is generally smoother on all Mac models. Windows and Linux users also benefit from the following:

• Improved browsers, easy drag & drop soundset installation
• New resource management in Hive - most presets will use less CPU
• Support for MTS-ESP, a new project-wide microtuning standard
• New designs for Triple Cheese (freeware) and ZebraCM (magware)
• Better overall performance for all plug-ins on all platforms

As usual, these updates are free for existing owners, simply download from our website and install.

Get your free update!

(AAX Mac is temporarily unavailable until native AAX support for Big Sur/Apple Silicon arrives. Users of Pro Tools should continue working with the previous versions until further notice. Installers for previous versions can be obtained from our Release Archive).

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: u-he updates across the range

Post by Guy Rowland »

Just a quick report back as I've installed the latest version of the Repros on Windows - super-snappy. The browser is massively quicker both to start up and then in operation loading presets. Lovely entirely-under-the-hood update.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

That's great to hear, Guy. I look forward to trying it when they release the AAX versions.

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Geoff Grace wrote: Aug 16, 2021 2:59 pm That's great to hear, Guy. I look forward to trying it when they release the AAX versions.

Best,

Geoff
You're Mac, aren't you Geoff? AAX version is confirmed good here in Windows, but yeah it'll be the next update for Mac.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Guy Rowland wrote: Aug 17, 2021 8:56 am
Geoff Grace wrote: Aug 16, 2021 2:59 pm That's great to hear, Guy. I look forward to trying it when they release the AAX versions.

Best,

Geoff
You're Mac, aren't you Geoff? AAX version is confirmed good here in Windows, but yeah it'll be the next update for Mac.
Guy, your wording just caused me to flash back to the "Get a Mac" campaign of the '00s (John Hodgman as PC and Justin Long as Mac); and yes, I have a Mac.

Best,

Geoff