There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Native Instruments / Soniccouture sale

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Native Instruments / Soniccouture sale

Post by Guy Rowland »

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2021/
SAVE OVER 85% ON SONICCOUTURE’S OUTSTANDING INSTRUMENTS
Get huge savings on handpicked instruments from Soniccouture. Be inspired by otherworldly sounds and unique cinematic textures from an industry favorite, including the newly added Celeste, All Saints Organ, Orchestral Chimes Collection, Threnody Strings, and All Saints Choir.
50% off individual instruments. There's additional discounts on the bundle for owners of other SC products - I thought I should qualify as I have Kim, but it seems I don't.

SirKen

Re: Native Instruments / Soniccouture sale

Post by SirKen »

Guy Rowland wrote: Sep 27, 2021 5:33 pm Image

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2021/
SAVE OVER 85% ON SONICCOUTURE’S OUTSTANDING INSTRUMENTS
Get huge savings on handpicked instruments from Soniccouture. Be inspired by otherworldly sounds and unique cinematic textures from an industry favorite, including the newly added Celeste, All Saints Organ, Orchestral Chimes Collection, Threnody Strings, and All Saints Choir.
50% off individual instruments. There's additional discounts on the bundle for owners of other SC products - I thought I should qualify as I have Kim, but it seems I don't.
The additional discount is for purchasers of previous NI&Soniccouture bundles from a few years ago. I have it in my NI account, so I can grab this one for a no-brainer price.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Hmm - I just checked and I bought the SC vibraphone through NI, and I think Kim came with that. So I think I should qualify?

Ah, I just rechecked here https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... igQAvD_BwE and it looks like they've removed one of the valid upgrade paths, which mentioned Kim bought through NI. Ah well.

Probably all for the best...

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Perhaps this will help shed some light on the upgrade:
soniccouture wrote: Hi all,
This is a wording error on the NI site, which hopefully will be fixed very soon!

To clarify: you can only upgrade /update if you bought one of the previous NI /SC bundles in 2018 or 2019.
That is the ONLY way you qualify - and I guess most people are pretty clear on whether they bought a €499 bundle or not!

(the list of products is simply how the NI shop identifies if you were a bundle customer or a single product customer (only bundle customers received this free extra products) in 2018/ 2019.

Sorry for the confusion, NI are working to correct it.

James
Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Thanks Geoff, glad to know I wasn't going mad and the page HAD changed!

wst3

Post by wst3 »

that strikes me as a somewhat silly distinction, and one that is not helpful to Soniccouture at all, although I guess it is good for NI.

I own 16 of the featured libraries, which happens to be all I want, the exceptions being the All Saint's Organ and Choir. The discounts on those as separate libraries are ok, but since I have no immediate requirement for either I will have to wait. Which helps neither company<G>! And before you ask, I'm not sure what discount would sway me...

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Sooner or later, we will start seeing cross-company 95% off deals. I am thinking something like “buy all Orchestral Tools and Spitfire calatogue combined for the fraction of the original price”. By the time of that deal you will probably be mad that you bought the full Spitfire calalogue for only 85% off the year before …

Maybe it will be long before we see exactly that deal! A bit of an exaggeration on my part. But this is what goes through my head when I see one of those crazy deals. The only way to create ever increasing demand in a completely saturated market is to go more and more crazy with the deals you offer each year.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

FriFlo - yeah, maybe.

What these deals do, I think, is get people to buy a bunch of stuff they wouldn't otherwise buy. I mean, I did this when I bought the newest Arturia V Collection for some crazy price. There was a couple I wanted, and to get another 13 was something like 20 bucks more. So I get the logic of an inducement to shift stuff. Komplete is the same.

But I think long term the trend is as you say. It doesn't feel like so long ago that Hollywood Strings was $1,700. Before that (and before my time) the original EW Orch was some crazy price). I don't think the big libraries are sustainable at the big prices, there's always a trend to go lower.

As consumers, I think we have to accept that this is a high depreciation business. There are a (very) few exceptions like Spectrasonics, and they get away with it by adding signficiant new free stuff which makes you feel good. ProjectSAM are a halfway house there - they do have sales, but they do add free content too.