There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orange Tree Evolution Dry Relic - 50's Acoustic Guitar

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Orange Tree Evolution Dry Relic - 50's Acoustic Guitar

Post by Guy Rowland »

Presenting Evolution Dry Relic. Recorded using an early ‘50s Gibson J-45, this is a guitar that’s seen a lot of history, and has plenty more stories to tell. There’s nothing like the sound of aged wood that’s been soaking in more character with the passing of every season. Paired with a set of well-worn strings, the guitar has a gorgeous, thunky low end with a spark of life in the highs. The library is just what you need to give your song a boost in personality.

We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah's most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar. Evolution Dry Relic includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal.

For the sampling session, Guy Randle worked with Ryan Tilby, a versatile multi-instrumentalist who has performed at countless music festivals and toured Europe multiple times. His compositions have been featured on the Discovery Channel, Outdoor Photo Adventures, and other prominent TV shows. Ryan Tilby also offers remote recording services for clients around the world in need of guitar, banjo, bass, mandolin, and ukulele tracks.

Evolution Dry Relic is based on our Evolution engine, which provides you with a wealth of appointments: an innovative strumming pattern editor, automatic chord detection, and a robust built-in effects engine. If you’ve used any of our guitar or bass libraries that use the Evolution engine, its interface and workflow will be very familiar to you.

The library includes many factory presets for ready-to-use acoustic guitar tones that will boost the personality of your productions and help them stand out from the others.
https://www.orangetreesamples.com/produ ... -dry-relic

$179, intro discount $139.

wst3

Re: Orange Tree Evolution Dry Relic - 50's Acoustic Guitar

Post by wst3 »

It sounds like no relic I've ever played! If I could get old strings to sound that good I might never change them<G>. It really is a great sounding library (from the demos anyway) - and me a guitar player???

Malachistos

Re: Orange Tree Evolution Dry Relic - 50's Acoustic Guitar

Post by Malachistos »

+1 That sound is what I think I have been missing between the nylon and the steel strings guitar. It's just so warm. I love it.