There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spitfire / Cinematic Frozen Strings

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Spitfire / Cinematic Frozen Strings

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"A miniature version of Tundra", that's what the new strings library from Spitfire can be described as. More or less. Cinematic Frozen Strings, a release in Spitfire's "Orig!nals" series, features ultra-delicate textures and articulations performed by 8 players and was recorded with three microphone perspectives (super close, close and tree) at Air Lyndhurst.

Spitfire's spartan and inflexible player software turns this library into less than what it could have been, but it's still good value for money. (Unless your toolbox is already bulging with flautandos and sul tastos of course, which it might well be if you've been buying a lot of Spitfire lately.) Price is £29/$29/€29

_

Guy Rowland

Re: Spitfire / Cinematic Frozen Strings

Post by Guy Rowland »

Hallelujah, 3 mic positions! Looks and sounds good to me, a well conceived product I'd say for 29 anythings. And as that's the regular price, so I can happily leave it until I feel I have a genuine need for it.

If I hear the phrase "the edge of silence" one more time though, I'm gonna scream very much not at the edge of silence.

ok_tan

Post by ok_tan »

Guy Rowland wrote: Jan 10, 2022 10:42 am If I hear the phrase "the edge of silence" one more time though, I'm gonna scream very much not at the edge of silence.
+ 1 😅
thx! theo

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Sounds really nice.

Just for once, though-I'd love an intro such as "I'm mildly interested to announce..."
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Jan 10, 2022 4:53 pmJust for once, though-I'd love an intro such as "I'm mildly interested to announce..."
I’d pay £29 to hear that.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Cinematic frozen strings, cinnamon frozen yogurt ... it's to early in the year for that!