There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Native Instruments / Playbox

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Native Instruments / Playbox

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"PLAYBOX combines chord generation, sample layering, and randomization to produce instant and unique sounds, playable with just one finger. Loaded with 905 immersive samples, 224 chord sets, and 217 effects presets, PLAYBOX comes ready to create, helping to spark new musical ideas, and take tracks to the finish line, at the roll of a dice."

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Playbox is available from March 23, 2022 at the Native Instruments online shop, with a 25% discount until April 24, or unlockable via NI’s Komplete Now monthly subscription.
EUR 149 / USD 149 / YEN 20100 / GBP 129 / AUD 219 / CAD 199 / CHF 159 / CNY 1199

_

Stixman

Re: Native Instruments / Playbox

Post by Stixman »

Most probably going to pick this up even though it’s going to be in K14…really impressive

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Should come with the label “ no knowledge or skill set required.” :D
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I'm right there with you Jay! I am clearly not the intended audience, and I just don't understand the appeal.

Does it sound cool? Of course it does! And I really love the user interface, and the structure that made it possible.

But in terms of a use case, at least for me, I just don't get it.

Now something that could be really cool would be using that UI for my own sounds. Not enough to make it worthwhile for me.

Niah

Post by Niah »

From the video it aims for a few electronic micro genres that has surfaced in the latest years not to mention for pop too, but of course it looks like it can be used for any type of music.

I've dismissed it initially because it looked on the surfaced to be just a collection of chords and sounds with a cool interface but after watching the videos more closely...you can import your own samples and that changes everything for me.

Not sure if I need this right now but I'll keep an eye on, it's definitely a very creative instrument IMO.