There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Black Friday 2022 deals of note

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Black Friday 2022 deals of note

Post by Guy Rowland »

I lack the will to do anything comprehensive this year, but thought folks might be up for sharing anything that has particularly caught their eye.

IK Total Studio 3.5 Max
is now $199 for new customers. I own Amplitube 4 Max, and I can get it for $99, less including their Jam Points thing. It's an insane amount of content, the main rival to NI's Komplete, and for people who don't have much it must be a fantastic deal. I honestly don't think I want it even now though, the extra Amplitube models are the biggest draws for me. I'm sure there must be other odd bits and pieces that might be useful, but wading through the 15,000 instruments at nearly 500gb just makes me weary thinking about it.

Markus K

Re: Black Friday 2022 deals of note

Post by Markus K »

This means Modo Drums and Modo Bass for 199,-? These two alone for this price is an incredible deal. Although I probably wouldn't or even cannot download all the stuff included just for those it is tempting.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Never mind, there's a whole thread about that.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I noticed in Waves’ rolling update sale, Submarine is $25, the lowest I can remember seeing it. That’s a fantastic subharmonic generator, seems to track a melody perfectly and glitch-free.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Rip-X is 30% off, just £55 now. I must demo it, I hear that it's best in class for extracting stems, beating RX. I've been surprised how often it has been useful to do this...

https://hitnmix.com/buy-ripx

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

50% off Audio Ollie purchases excluding specials.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Feels like they're coming thick and fast now. Arturia have V Collection for $299, EFX for $199 and Pigments 3.5 for $99 for new customers. I own V Collection 8, and they're throwing it at me for €99 and €69 for the effects (I have a couple of those).

https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-22

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Waves Horizon for $169. Check your upgrade prices & visit the re-sellers. I can upgrade to Horizon for $50 (via EveryPlugin.com or AudioDeluxe.com). Since I've bought a Mac Studio and will need to update all my Waves anyway, this is a great deal. Ends today, though.

https://www.waves.com/bundles/horizon#r ... zon-bundle
Be an upstander.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

soundbylaura wrote: Nov 17, 2022 8:38 am Waves Horizon for $169. Check your upgrade prices & visit the re-sellers. I can upgrade to Horizon for $50 (via EveryPlugin.com or AudioDeluxe.com). Since I've bought a Mac Studio and will need to update all my Waves anyway, this is a great deal. Ends today, though.

83 plugins for $50 is hard to beat. Congrats on the Mac Studio-it seems like a TSB consensus buy!

I have most of the Waves stuff I want, though you never know. Were there some standouts in Horizon that you had previously lusted after?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I got Horizon about a year ago. The big shocker for me was ye olde Soundshifter - outstanding. Submarine is very good (the older Lo Air handy too). Smack Attack gets some use as a quick and versatile transient shaper. Waves are good at the letter S, basically.

I already had the L3-16, it’s still my workhorse for basic normalisation chores.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Lawrence wrote: Nov 17, 2022 4:27 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Nov 17, 2022 8:38 am Waves Horizon for $169. Check your upgrade prices & visit the re-sellers. I can upgrade to Horizon for $50 (via EveryPlugin.com or AudioDeluxe.com). Since I've bought a Mac Studio and will need to update all my Waves anyway, this is a great deal. Ends today, though.

83 plugins for $50 is hard to beat. Congrats on the Mac Studio-it seems like a TSB consensus buy!

I have most of the Waves stuff I want, though you never know. Were there some standouts in Horizon that you had previously lusted after?
No, I did it to update everything to the latest version so I can use it on the Studio.
Be an upstander.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

soundbylaura wrote: Nov 17, 2022 5:06 pm
Lawrence wrote: Nov 17, 2022 4:27 pm

No, I did it to update everything to the latest version so I can use it on the Studio.
Yeah, my upgrade path is $149. For $50 I might have rolled the dice. Oh well.

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Wavesfactory Track Spacer £25 / $29. Fantastic simple plugin.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3259

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 20, 2022 4:13 pm Wavesfactory Track Spacer £25 / $29. Fantastic simple plugin.
Looks very interesting, Guy. Have you used it successfully to make space for VO or lead vocal?

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Nov 20, 2022 5:14 pm
Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 20, 2022 4:13 pm Wavesfactory Track Spacer £25 / $29. Fantastic simple plugin.
Looks very interesting, Guy. Have you used it successfully to make space for VO or lead vocal?
Yes, pretty sure I have, but mostly I use it for 2 instruments in a similar range where I need 1 to cut through more without pulling the other one back. If you get my drift. I can be more forensic with Neutron, but this has that magic "just works" quality.

IIRC there's a free demo, give it a whirl.

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Track Spacer is *very* good, yes. As are all WavesFactory plug-ins.

_

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Cinesamples is 65% off across the board - IIRC that's their deepest ever discount.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 21, 2022 9:54 am Cinesamples is 65% off across the board - IIRC that's their deepest ever discount.
This news makes me smile and weep uncontrollably at the same time.

I've been meaning to round out my brass section with their "Horns of the Deep" library, and would have done so without the discount - with the discount? Heck, tis done.

And then there is Cineperc. At $750 it was easy to ignore. I have several really good orchestral percussion libraries, and even a couple "epic" percussion libraries, and a ton of tiny, specialized percussion libraries (ok, maybe not a ton, but more than two!). I've no problem using these with any sample libraries - percussion seems to blend with anything.

My go-to libraries are Toontrack Orchestral Percussion and Spitfire Hammers when I want to get really loud. About the only thing that Cineperc offers - that I can think of anyway - that I don't already have is the sound of that room. The room compliments strings, winds, and brass, and from demos it does so for the percussion too.

I really don't NEED another percussion library, nor do I really want to spend $250, but there is this voice in the back of my head (really must talk to therapist about that) that is suggesting it is a really good library.

Anyone using Cineperc and the Toontrack or Spitfire titles? (longshot, but if I don't ask...)? Care to offer observations? Thanks!

Subject change:
The Savant Audio Quantum 2772 has been discounted to $69. I spent quite a bit of time with the demo, especially since I was considering the cross-grades from R4 and Nimbus, and it really is cool, and quite a bit different - in a good way. It is also a different sound/vibe from the Eventide SP2016, and yes, even the UA Lexi 480.

It is not a specialty reverb like Black Hole and Adaptaverb, it is just another take on a really good room simulation (which may be where they got the name?)

Heaven help me, but I think I may just have to make the leap.

OK, need to stay OFF the internet until January 2 now...

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

wst3 wrote: Nov 21, 2022 10:52 amAnd then there is Cineperc.
It's a shame Cinesamples have never offer really compelling update prices. I own Core and Pro from ye olde days when it was available in 4 sections. I don't get any upgrade discount to complete it. The all-in package is great value now at $259, but I just don't want those extra instruments enough.

The Collision Impact Designer might be worth a closer look for me though. I'd written it off as another WHOOSHBANG generator, but the demos suggest it can do subtler and even tonal stuff, lovely low end things going on there. $49.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 21, 2022 11:04 amThe Collision Impact Designer might be worth a closer look for me though. I'd written it off as another WHOOSHBANG generator, but the demos suggest it can do subtler and even tonal stuff, lovely low end things going on there. $49.
It looks useful to me actually. I don't have a specific ticky library for one thing, and I like that the name is a bit of a misnomer and can be percussion library to fulfill specific niches. Does anyone here have it?

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Source Elements first ever Black Friday sale.

https://www.source-elements.com/blackfr ... bermonday/
Be an upstander.

SirKen

Post by SirKen »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 21, 2022 11:04 am
wst3 wrote: Nov 21, 2022 10:52 amAnd then there is Cineperc.
It's a shame Cinesamples have never offer really compelling update prices. I own Core and Pro from ye olde days when it was available in 4 sections. I don't get any upgrade discount to complete it. The all-in package is great value now at $259, but I just don't want those extra instruments enough.
I think there was a $79 upgrade/crossgrade offer for owners of legacy CinePerc a couple months ago. There are references of it on VI-C as well. I would reach out through email to see if they can help you out that way.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

SirKen wrote: Nov 21, 2022 3:21 pmI think there was a $79 upgrade/crossgrade offer for owners of legacy CinePerc a couple months ago. There are references of it on VI-C as well. I would reach out through email to see if they can help you out that way.
Oh that’s interesting, I missed that clearly. I’m on their newsletter but didn’t get anything there either. But I did a Google search and there it was.

I’ll give it a little thought - I’m hardly desperate for it, but $79 might do it for me. Thanks!

EDIT - just seen it actually says on the CinePerc page:
Do you own a CinePerc Legacy product? You should have received an email with an upgrade code. If not, check your user area, or contact customer support at support@cinesamples.com.

1gc

Post by 1gc »

Native Instruments, looks like there whole cataloque, including Kontakt 7 and the Komplete Packages, are at around 50% off across the board.
g.c.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Thanks for posting about Wavesfactory. Spectre and Tape sound really, really good. Going to get these.

I am a little confused about Track Spacer and trying to think of applications outside of vocals but I am going to spend some time today to demo it and learn about it in detail.