There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Chris Hein Octa

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
trumpoz

Chris Hein Octa

Post by trumpoz »

CH-OCTA is the first instrument of the new MEGA STRUCTURE series.

OCTA is a musical workhorse that offers truly versatile solo or 8 channel musical instruments, effortless to be inspired by. 

MEGA STRUCTURE is the technical concept behind the instruments chameleon nature

whereby it can be a solo instrument or an 8 instrument ensemble prism of sonic delight!

- 100 high quality solo instruments

- 8 core multi channel instruments

- 8 channel sequencer

However as detailed as its programability is the real jewel of this instrument lies in the uncanny way it encourages you to improvise wether composing underscore or main theme- after all music composition is all about improvisation!

By all means read through all the technical aspects of OCTAs functionality but we encourage you initially to get noodling on your keyboard to tap into its wondrous lyrical nature and discover its secret gems as you go! 

CH-OCTA works with the free Kontakt Player or the full version of Kontakt.”

https://www.chrishein.net/octa.html

I know Chris Hein's work doesnt get a lot of attention on this forum - this looks like an intesting concept. Reminds me a little of EW Forbidden Planet with acoustic sound sources and more morphing options.
Richard Linton

I'm just a guy who plays and writes music.

I suffer from G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Guy Rowland

Re: Chris Hein Octa

Post by Guy Rowland »

I looked for a video on the channel that can demonstrate how this really works. I'm still none the wiser really. I'm not sure how this...

...happens in real time. The multi walkthroughs sound much more mundane, perfectly fine, but not anything revolutionary sounding, just basic layering, keyzones etc.