There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

FREE: Native Instruments Irish Harp

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

FREE: Native Instruments Irish Harp

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well how nice - a summer gift. Kontakt instrument Irish Harp is free until July 3rd.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... rish-harp/

Servers slammed as I type. I thought I added it to my account but if I did it hasn't shown up yet. Still, we have all month.

soundbylaura

Re: FREE: Native Instruments Irish Harp

Post by soundbylaura »

Ohhhh I hope this means a Spotlight Series - Ireland is on the way. GUI looks the same as the other Series instruments.

Wish they'd release it now (if it's coming) as I'm working on a vaguely Irish piece now.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Very nice too. Under 1GB, which means only 1 mic position. That said, there's separate keyswitches for thumb, index finger, harmonics, triplets, short glisses and damping. The scale section offers various ways of playing, with keys showing a guide to the scale notes, to forced scales, to only using white notes (black plays triplets).

We're spoiled we are.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, disappointed to see the manual for the (very nice looking) Kontakt Factory Library 2 doesn't indicate what the "ornaments" are for the instruments in which they are available. Am I just supposed to guess?
Be an upstander.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

As with all keyswitched instruments, I just keep pressing low keys until something magical happens. Or doesn’t.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin