There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

SSL G3 MultiBusComp

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
GR Baumann

SSL G3 MultiBusComp

Post by GR Baumann »

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug- ... ltibuscomp

The sum ist much more than it's parts.

It adds space while at the same time clarity (if you want that, that is), to make a comparison with photography, adding micro contrast is similar, afterwards people "see" Zeiss-ish 3d-pop whereby it wasn't even a Zeiss to begin with. :D

Well yes, it is clearly audible. The 4k drive can be applied kinda surgically here, which can add body to certain instruments, very interesting.

One reviewer totally disliked the interface. No idea why, I quite like it. Oh well, horses for courses.

Thomas Mavian

Re: SSL G3 MultiBusComp

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Tried this (sort of) a while back with Studio One's splitter and 3 instances of SSL's Native Bus Compressor, but went back to Softubes 1973.

This is a lot less "fiddly" :)

I really like the looks of the SSL plugins though!

Ashermusic

Re: SSL G3 MultiBusComp

Post by Ashermusic »

As hard as I find it to make myself do, when I open a plug-in in Logic Pro using Controls view and work with it, it’s easier for me to objectively evaluate the sound, because the UI often makes me think it sounds better, or worse, than it actually does.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com