There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

IK multimedia Pianoverse

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

IK multimedia Pianoverse

Post by Guy Rowland »

A new collection of 8 sampled pianos and effects (4 out now 4 coming soon). There's claimed new tech to model pedals etc. Demos on the website - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/pianoverse/

€14.99 per month or €149.99 per year subs, or €129 per piano to buy reduced to €99 on an intro deal.

Piet De Ridder

Re: IK multimedia Pianoverse

Post by Piet De Ridder »

These two videos give some idea of how these pianos (can) sound:

__

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

They sound very good to me, as the person who is pretty unfussy with pianos.

The pricing seems a little challenging to start off but not outrageously so, and I can't see the subs being very popular, but I doubt it will be too long before they start getting rolled into deals and sales.

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Curious as always and quickly telling myself that one more virtual piano can't hurt, I bought the Steinway. It's not bad. Not great either, but not bad. The upper register of the keyboard is a minor disappointment to my ears. It doesn't sparkle and sounds a bit lifeless, I find.

Software is pretty good though, if a bit sluggish. Plenty of editing possibilities. A pity that most parameters affect the entire keyboard. If adjustments were possible on a per note basis, that would really take Pianoverse to a whole different level. Hopefully in an update.

Some very nice reverbs (IR's) included as well. The other included effects however (which allow you to make the instrument sound as if it was recorded somewhere in the Antartic, on Mars or on the bottom of the ocean) I haven't looked at and I have no intention of doing so either.

__

srkrishnan

Post by srkrishnan »

A video I came across today. Thoughts?

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Nice balance of warmth, air and presence to my ears.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Sounds good to me but I have so many good pianos that it would take a miracle for me to buy another.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com