There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

FREE: BFD Player, drum VI with 5gb library

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

FREE: BFD Player, drum VI with 5gb library

Post by Guy Rowland »

(their Vimeo intro video doesn't work here, so linking to the Production Expert first look instead)

A very nice looking freebie for those without good acoustic drums. BFD say:
5GB library, which is not limited in terms of velocity layers nor channels available.
3D kit view with switchable drums.
A simplified mixing experience, with 4 macros to quickly change the sound of the loaded preset.
Groove browser with filtering mechanics.
Has a library of 340 drum patterns that users can drag and drop right into their sessions.
Comes with a collection of production ready presets to get people up and running quickly.
Includes an 'Original Mix' preset that gives users access to all channels.
https://www.bfddrums.com/drum-software/bfd-player.html

soundbylaura

Re: FREE: BFD Player, drum VI with 5gb library

Post by soundbylaura »

Looks like Xmas has come early in plug-in/VI land.
Be an upstander.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I used their DR-008 for ages, still one of my favorite percussion tools, except it no longer works... silly detail.

About the time I finally realized it was time to move on two tools hit the market - DFH Superior and BFD. I don't remember why I went with DFHS, and I have no regrets. In fact I've imported most of the old DR-008 kits into Battery<G>, and I still tend to use Superior 3 most of the time. If I had to pick one drum tool that would be it.

But I am still downloading BFD, gotta see what he's been up to lately!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Sweet! I wonder what the minimum system is on Mac…
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Works on my old system. Good kit, smart marketing to Mae you want you to buy more.

I couldn’t find a way to tune individual drums-does anyone know if the basic player is crippled?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I can't see myself trying to learn a new drum platform right now, the sounds I have from Toontrack cover a LOT of territory. BUT, the sounds that come with the BFD player are pretty impressive - I'd expect nothing less. So it is installed, and it won't be deleted any time soon!