There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

NI Kontakt - update to 5.8.1[updated from 5.8.0]

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

jtnyc

Re: NI Kontakt - update to 5.8.0

Post by jtnyc »

Killiard wrote: Apr 12, 2018 2:58 am Having just had to install Kontakt and all my libraries again on a new system, I’d be happy with a half decent way of shifting the library tabs about. You know, a way that means you don’t have to spend half an hour sllllllooowly dragging one tab from top to bottom of the list.
You know if you use your scroll wheel once you select a library, it will move very quickly.

EvilDragon

Re: NI Kontakt - update to 5.8.0 [WITH WARNING]

Post by EvilDragon »

5.8.1 is now officially released, fixing the issue with authorizing older Kompakt libraries.
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!

tack

Post by tack »

I wonder if it'll fix my "crash on Reaper FX window close" bug as a side-effect of other fixes. I have a long thread with NI support about it with a dozen crash dumps and it's not looking too hopeful. It's one of those intermittent ones with no clear recipe to reliably reproduce. I'm at the point now where I'm terrified to close Kontakt windows so I don't. :)
- Jason

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

I'm closing them all the time in Reaper and didn't have a crash while doing that yet...
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!

tack

Post by tack »

EvilDragon wrote: Jun 20, 2018 10:39 amI'm closing them all the time in Reaper and didn't have a crash while doing that yet...
And sometimes I can get through a day without it happening. It's wildly inconsistent, and there's probably something specific about my setup that's triggering a particular code path.

I've sent NI gobs of stack dumps and it's traveling the same path inside Kontakt. Obviously I don't have the debug symbol table and the function addresses aren't overly useful at giving further hints of root cause :)
- Jason

tack

Post by tack »

Official changelog:
KONTAKT 5.8.1 - 2018-06-20
  • IMPROVED Wet & Dry sliders on many effects (e.g., Reverbs and Delays) would cause loud artefacts when used; control signal smoothing is now a lot more robust with artefacts greatly reduced
  • IMPROVED KSP: "Array out of bounds" warnings now include additional info (name and size of the array and index of attempted access)
  • FIXED Some older Kontakt Player libraries (like East West RA) would stay in Demo mode even when properly authenticated
  • FIXED Group MIDI input channel settings are now recalled correctly after saving and reloading an NKI
  • FIXED Kontakt would crash when trying to set the Sample Subdirectory on the Save As dialog
  • FIXED In some cases (e.g. with Top Shelf Drums by 3 Sigma Audio), the instrument GUI would be corrupt when using multiple instances of the same NKI
  • FIXED Kontakt would crash when trying to multi-select groups with Shift+Click
  • FIXED Kontakt would crash when assigning automation to controls the name of which included special characters
  • OS REQUIREMENTS This version requires macOS 10.11 or higher or Windows 7 or higher
- Jason

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Thanks for infos... all user feedback on 5.8.1 appreciated.

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Guy Rowland wrote: Jun 20, 2018 3:41 pm Thanks for infos... all user feedback on 5.8.1 appreciated.
Works stable here upon regular use. Did not encounter anything problematic. Used it just normally by loading up stuff and playing.