There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Sonokinetic Woodwind Ensembles

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Sonokinetic Woodwind Ensembles

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Sonokinetic is very proud to finally introduce you to our latest creation - Sonokinetic Orchestral Woodwinds Ensembles! We believe that this is a stunning product and that it will lend realism to many a composition and grace it with that 'Sonokinetic Sound'.
The Orchestral Series: Woodwinds Ensembles are available in both Standard and Extended editions for NKS, Kontakt 5.1 and above, and the free Kontakt player at €299,90 (Standard Edidtion) or €399,90 (Extended Edition)"

mickeyl

Re: Sonokinetic Woodwind Ensembles

Post by mickeyl »

I don't know what to think of these... some of what I hear in the demos sounds great. While the technical walkthrough is very convincing and the library seems great and easy to use, the moment where the individual sounds get played, I'm less impressed. What do you guys think or is the low comment ratio already a form of an opinion?
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

Linos

Re: Sonokinetic Woodwind Ensembles

Post by Linos »

Sonokinetics approach of recording in a concert hall as opposed to a scoring stage is very interesting to me. The decca tree sounds mighty fine to my ears. Articulation list and the patch organisation/customizeability both look good. I don't need ensemble winds, but the whole series is definitely one to keep my eyes and ears on. The bassoons sound very good here, I'm less sure about the flutes and clarinets though. An individual patch walkthrough would be nice to get a better impression.