There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

NI Komplete 11 announced [June 17 - half price upgrade sale]

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

NI Komplete 11 announced [June 17 - half price upgrade sale]

Post by Guy Rowland »

Update - scroll down to 1/8/16 for official links

Update June 17 - Half price upgrade sale now on

Via Musician's Friend. No date yet or price yet, but here's the important info:

The Symphonic series IS in it, despite NI's earlier comments that it would not be (since withdrawn)

No Kontakt 6, or updates to the synth range, it seems.

In fact, little looks new at all. Still, pretty box, isn't it?

EDIT - here's the direct link (Google cache) - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us . There's a few images there presumably highlighting the, well, highlights - Emotive Strings, Flesh and Replika XT. Hmmm. Still, to be fair, obviously this is an unintentional leak so might not be the komplete picture.

mickeyl

Re: NI Komplete 11 leaked

Post by mickeyl »

I bet the symphonic series will only be in the Ultimate edition... which makes the non-ultimate a questionable upgrade. Then again I might be wrong.
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

J Rod

Post by J Rod »

but is not black the Symphonic series GUI?, maybe a downgraded version?.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

No Kontakt 6 ! ????

No updates for their Synth range ! ????

I find that very odd, and disappointing if true. Hopefully that's not the case.

mickeyl

Post by mickeyl »

K6 is overdue, yeah. NI's development tempo is strangely slow considering the size of the company and the importance of their products,
Cheers,

Suganthan

Post by Suganthan »

If symphonic series are included in K11U, its price would be verry much more than that of the previous version unless they are downgraded versions for the reason J Rod mentioned.

Marius

Post by Marius »

I've held off on upgrading my Komplete since 8 so I'm watching this with interest. I would like to hop onto the Ultimate bandwagon and just consolidate my NI licenses under one happy umbrella rather than the scattered patchwork I have now.

I can live with Kontakt not being updated yet but I have to say I was really hoping for updates to Absynth and Massive just to bring them up to speed with modern competitors. It seems clear that NI's focus is Reaktor right now. Can't say that's a bad thing but it makes me think we shouldn't expect updates to the synth range that lives outside of Reaktor.
Marius Masalar | http://mariusmasalar.me

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Not much of a "leak" in my opinion. :) I mean we already knew it was coming soon, and we can still only speculate about the content. Will wait for additional information before getting too excited.
Frank E. Lancaster

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

So, if there is no Kontakt 6, and non of their Synths have been upgraded, then what's really new (nothing) ?

imho. just adding some Kontakt libraries (which some of them already exist), can not be the only new addition to Komplete 11. I'm beginning to think that the leak info. is not accurate, and is pure speculation.

We shall see what Komplete 11 offers when it is officially released, everything until that happens is speculation.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

In my experience, when something is leaked from a retailer, it's always been accurate. Not complete info of course, but I certainly don't treat this as mere speculation. Mark my words, this is the real thing (and I will loudly and publicly eat my words if this isn't the real artwork, for example).

But yes, plenty of blanks to fill. Evil Dragon (who is wonderfully indiscreet), has been saying for a while that Kontakt 6 is still waaay off - looks like the Alpha threw up a lot of problems. So this is my own speculation - and yes, it is very much speculation, just joining some dots - but what I think has happened is that Plan A was to release K11 with K6, but the unplanned delays in K6 has meant they have to pull a different rabbit out of the hat. And I think that Plan B rabbit is the Symphonic series - it was odd that they issued a claim that it would not be part of any future Komplete, then more recently retracted that claim. Its a good spot about them being a different colour, so it could hint at their wriggle room - perhaps cut down (single mic?) versions or something.

And I'd guess that we'll see quite a windfall of libraries and effects joining regular Komplete, or else there will be little reason for them to upgrade. Reaktor 6 won't be enough on its own. I'd guess the Symphonic series would be an Ultimate exclusive.

kpc

Post by kpc »

I can see no reason for me to move to Komplete without Kontakt 6.

Is there any concerns that with K6 being delayed and K5 being a bit long in the tooth, that a competitor may come along and steel some of their thunder? I know that Kontakt is the defacto standard, and it won't be an easy job to knock them down, but still, you have to wonder if they are seeing little competition so they are not too worried about getting K6 out the door? Not that K5 doesn't work well and is pretty solid for me most of the time.

I would love to see an update to EXS and really make a push into their business. EXS is so efficient, but lacks the 3rd party development. Of course, it works only in Logic, so that wouldn't help everyone
- kayle

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

I think if they have nothing but some new libraries to throw into Komplete 11, then they might as well not bother releasing it until they have Kontakt 6, and all their Synth line updates ready.

I surely won't bother with upgrading from Komplete 9 Ultimate, to Komplete 11 Ultimate , if Kontakt 6, and new versions of their Synth line is not included. I skipped Komplete 10 Ultimate, so this might be another Skip for me.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Here's some more flesh on the bones via Musician's Friend again. This is regarding the regular version of Komplete. There is one new synth, called Form. Also new to regular Komplete are:

Reaktor 6
India
Strummed Acoustic
Una Corda
Kinetic Metal
Replika

...and regular Komplete is now in USB drive form. No word yet on date, price or Ultimate. Here's the full blurb:

---------------

The standard KOMPLETE music production collection, 45 products and over 155 GB of content.

KOMPLETE 11 is one of the world’s leading collections for production, performance and sound design. Over the years the KOMPLETE software series has grown in strength with the constant addition of groundbreaking software for composing and producing music on a professional level. KOMPLETE 11 is the standard collection with 45 different products, over 13,000 sounds and over 155 GB of instruments and effects for all genres and production tasks. This industry-standard bundle is use by the top music professionals working on major motion pictures, AAA games titles, blockbuster trailers and more. Not to mention the countless number of music producers, engineers and other professionals who have the KOMPLETE library installed in world-class studios around the world.

KOMPLETE 11 adds to this prestigious series including a copy of REAKTOR 6, REAKTOR Blocks, and Native Instruments’ brand-new synthesizer FORM. There are also new sample-based instruments including UNA CORDA, INDIA, STRUMMED ACOUSTIC, and KINETIC METAL, as well as new effects like the powerful and versatile delay REPLIKA. The entire bundle comes one convenient hard drive for easy installation and is optimized to work seamlessly with the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series and MASCHINE controllers.

Included in KOMPLETE 11

Platforms:
KONTAKT 5
REAKTOR 6*

Synthesizers:
ABSYNTH 5
FM8
FORM*
KONTOUR
MASSIVE
MONARK
RAZOR
REAKTOR PRISM
REAKTOR SPARK
RETRO MACHINES MK2
ROUNDS

Creative Samplers:
BATTERY 4
POLYPLEX

Drums and Percussion:
ABBEY ROAD I 60S DRUMMER
DRUMLAB
STUDIO DRUMMER

World Instruments:
INDIA*
WEST AFRICA

Acoustic Pianos:
THE GENTLEMAN
THE GIANT
THE GRANDEUR
THE MAVERICK
UNA CORDA*

Electric Pianos and Organs:
SCARBEE A-200
SCARBEE CLAVINET/PIANET
SCARBEE MARK I
VINTAGE ORGANS

Acoustic/Electric Guitars:
STRUMMED ACOUSTIC*

Electric Bass:
SCARBEE MM BASS

Classical Instruments:
SESSION HORNS
SESSION STRINGS

Cinematic:
KINETIC METAL*

Studio Effects:
SOLID BUS COMP
SOLID DYNAMICS
SOLID EQ
SUPERCHARGER
TRANSIENT MASTER

Creative Effects:
DRIVER
GUITAR RIG 5 PRO
RAMMFIRE
REFLEKTOR
REPLIKA*
THE FINGER
TRAKTOR’S 12

*New in COMPLETE 11

FEATURES
General
Software type: Instruments & effects
Plug-in format(s): VST, RTAS, AU, AAX
Computer platform: Mac & Windows
Delivery: Hard Drive
Version: Full
Sound Library
Total library size: 155 GB
Bundled plug-ins: 45
Sound generation: Samples, Synthesis
Included effects: 12
Included instruments: 33
Expandable: No
Minimum System Requirements
Free hard drive space: 155 GB
Min. / recommended RAM: 4GB, 6GB
Authorization: Registration code
Mac requirements: OS X 10.8 or later
Windows requirements: Windows 7 or later
Order the industry-standard software bundle for professional production, scoring and sound design!

mickeyl

Re: NI Komplete 11 leaked [more info]

Post by mickeyl »

Hmm, not too much new in the standard edition. Needs to come at a really attractive upgrade price, otherwise I'm not interested.
Cheers,

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I took at look yesterday, and in GBP the current upgrade price is £149. I'm on 10 Ultimate, but I'm thinking that a regular upgrade might be a good move for me actually if that price stayed the same - Reaktor 6 and Una Corda alone is probably worth it, and there's always the chance that Form is interesting. I'm hoping and praying that they've vastly improved the Kontrol software - as and when that gets genuinely useful, I can see me getting a lot more value out of the NI synths.

I've lost track of the tally of what other new products must be in Ultimate, but I don't think there's anything on my radar really. Looks likely that it's the light versions of the Symphonic series, but I honestly don't need them at all.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Looks like the official release is today, more retailers have put info up. Pricing looks to be as Komplete 10. The new products in Komplete are:

Reaktor 6
Form
India
Una Corda
Strummed Acoustic

(And new to basic Komplete - Replika and Kinetic Metal)

Ultimate adds the following:

Flesh
Emotive Strings
Symphony Essentials (inc Strings, Brass solo and ensemble, Woods solo and ensemble)
Replika XT

There is also a rebadged lite version, Komplete Select, with only player versions of Kontakt and Reaktor, plus the freebies such as Kontakt Factory Selection, Reaktor Blocks Wired etc and 11 full products including:

Massive
Monark
Drumlab
Retro Machines mkII
West Africa
The Gentlemen
Scarbee mk I
Vintage Organs
Solid Bus Compressor
Replika

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Hm ... I think I will wait for Komplete U 12, as that will contain Kontakt 6. None of the included libraries are real must haves IMO. And the thing is always with NI, you will always pay the same for the next upgrade, regardless of when your last upgrade happened ... That strategy might work on people who cannot wait to get the latest stuff, but I can! :-)

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I'm kinda hoping that they'll offer a download-only version - seems a sledgehammer to crack a nut to get a whole HDD just to download Reaktor 6, a Reaktor synth and a couple of libraries. I think they're also including their £22 voucher, so I could get regular K11, plus upgrade Replika to XT for another £22.

FWIW, Kontakt 5.6 looks like it has a tweaked UI - nothing earth-shattering, but a little surprising:

I guess that will be available to all.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: NI Komplete 11 announced

Post by Guy Rowland »

NI website with full info now up - all details as in posts above. Release date September 1.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... mplete-11/

Not sure if it's a mistake, but can't seem to upgrade from Ultimate 10 to Regular 11.

Marius

Post by Marius »

Unless I've been living under a rock, there's a new sample-manipulation instrument being introduced too called Form:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... nths/form/

Marius

Post by Marius »

Also, it looks like the Symphony Series Essentials are severely cut down versions of the main packages, which makes sense. No true legato, only one mic position, significantly fewer articulations, etc.

J Rod

Post by J Rod »

I think that is the first time i'm more inclined to wait to komplete Ultimate 12.

And what the hell is all this empty space surrounding important information in the GUI of Kontakt 5.6?, the NI team is working with 50" screens?.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Indeed Marius as listed above. Form is in both versions, Symphony Essentials is just Ultimate.

I was going to go for the basic version as Form looks interesting, Una Corda and Reaktor 6 both worth having, but turns out you can't buy regular upgrade to Komplete if you're on Ultimate and it isn't worth £300 for me. So either I'll wait for a half price upgrade next summer, or I have a sorta feeling that the wait to 12 might be a lot shorter than 11 (I think the shortest gap between versions, historically, is only 9 months. So many people were waiting for Kontakt 6 but clearly it has got issues and they had to release something - Kontakt 6 was in Alpha this time last year. Better for it to be right of course, but surely it can't be 2 more years, can it?!

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

I see nothing attractive or worth the upgrade from Komplete Ultimate 9 to Komplete Ultimate 11 .

So... PASS on KU 11 Ult. for me.

I wonder what they have been doing all this time ?

I was expecting lots more this time around, especially new versions of many of their synths, and still no Kontakt 6 . Which imho. is their star product.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Guy Rowland wrote:I'm kinda hoping that they'll offer a download-only version - seems a sledgehammer to crack a nut to get a whole HDD just to download Reaktor 6, a Reaktor synth and a couple of libraries. I think they're also including their £22 voucher, so I could get regular K11, plus upgrade Replika to XT for another £22.

FWIW, Kontakt 5.6 looks like it has a tweaked UI - nothing earth-shattering, but a little surprising:

I guess that will be available to all.
Any word on when exactly Kontakt 5.6 will be released? Komplete Ultimate 11 is now out, and Kontakt is still at 5.5. For the NI web site, all I see is "KONTAKT 5.6 – AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2016"
Frank E. Lancaster