There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Play 5.0.1 out

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Play 5.0.1 out

Post by Guy Rowland »

Play 5.0.1 Additions

• Amp Simulator included for all products
• Ohmicide included for all products
• Improved performance

Amp Simulator and Ohmicide

Now included in this special Play 5.0.1 upgrade, the Amp Simulator and Ohmicide multi-band distortion plug-ins are now included for use with all EastWest collections, containing thousands of instruments of all types. For film/tv/game composers or musicians looking for a more edgy sound, this powerful combination opens up a whole new world of possibilities using real instruments as the source instead of oscillators, or a combination of both.

To use the Amp Simulator and Ohmicide simply install Play 5.0.1 from the EW Installation Center. The Play 5.0.1 update will automatically add these new FX to all your installed products. You do not have to install any additional library updates.

Play 5.0.1 Improvements

• Further improved playback performance
• Fixed artifacts and cut notes in offline bounce/freeze
• Added Multi and MPE MIDI modes, now available in the MIDI channel dropdown
• Fixed Play being blacklisted in Cubase 9 on Windows
• Fixed saving Wordbuilder phrases on Windows
• 'Refresh Browser' command now scans for newly installed libraries
• Fixed a bug where patches would suddenly turn silent in EW Pianos
• Fixed load bar occasionally hanging
• Fixed export progress bar in Cubase not updating
• Fixed a bug where Dark Abbey reverb would be loaded instead of the correct reverb
• Fixed crashes when switching amp presets
• Fixed Mac installer for server OS
• Fixed occasional stuck keys in Play keyboard
• Fixed 1/2 tempo scale saving in 25th Anniversary loops
• Fixed tuning not saving in Ghostwriter

To download the Play 5.0.1 update, open the EW Installation Center and find the update near the top, or click here - http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates

Any issues can be resolved by reading the Play 5 section in 'Frequently Asked Questions' at the SUPPORT CENTER.

Lawrence

Re: Play 5.0.1 out

Post by Lawrence »

...and I can't WAIT for some Mac guys to beta test it for me... ;)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

I have been running it for about a week now with no issues.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Thanks, Jay

As per V.I.C., It seems some have issues. System dependent, probably.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Lawrence wrote:Thanks, Jay

As per V.I.C., It seems some have issues. System dependent, probably.

Those chowderheads find a way to screw everything up :)
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Works for you! ;)

L.J. Nachsin

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Guy Rowland wrote:Play 5.0.1 Additions

• Amp Simulator included for all products
• Ohmicide included for all products
• Improved performance

Amp Simulator and Ohmicide

Now included in this special Play 5.0.1 upgrade, the Amp Simulator and Ohmicide multi-band distortion plug-ins are now included for use with all EastWest collections, containing thousands of instruments of all types. For film/tv/game composers or musicians looking for a more edgy sound, this powerful combination opens up a whole new world of possibilities using real instruments as the source instead of oscillators, or a combination of both.

To use the Amp Simulator and Ohmicide simply install Play 5.0.1 from the EW Installation Center. The Play 5.0.1 update will automatically add these new FX to all your installed products. You do not have to install any additional library updates.

Play 5.0.1 Improvements

• Further improved playback performance
• Fixed artifacts and cut notes in offline bounce/freeze
• Added Multi and MPE MIDI modes, now available in the MIDI channel dropdown
• Fixed Play being blacklisted in Cubase 9 on Windows
• Fixed saving Wordbuilder phrases on Windows
• 'Refresh Browser' command now scans for newly installed libraries
• Fixed a bug where patches would suddenly turn silent in EW Pianos
• Fixed load bar occasionally hanging
• Fixed export progress bar in Cubase not updating
• Fixed a bug where Dark Abbey reverb would be loaded instead of the correct reverb
• Fixed crashes when switching amp presets
• Fixed Mac installer for server OS
• Fixed occasional stuck keys in Play keyboard
• Fixed 1/2 tempo scale saving in 25th Anniversary loops
• Fixed tuning not saving in Ghostwriter

To download the Play 5.0.1 update, open the EW Installation Center and find the update near the top, or click here - http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates

Any issues can be resolved by reading the Play 5 section in 'Frequently Asked Questions' at the SUPPORT CENTER.
Have you used this yet Guy? Would be great to get more mac user opinions before diving in (5.0 is working so smoothly here, I'd hate to muck it up). Merry Christmas! :)

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Merry Christmas indeed! I've installed it on my W10 machine and can confirm things load now super-quick. On a quick play - which is all I did - some of the HB patches sounded decidedly odd with ends cut off, but I sort of ran out of time before I could figure out if those were just really odd patches (one was a runs legato, which can be strange beasts). In short - my jury is out for the moment and might be a little while til I can properly evaluate it. I'm pretty sure I still have the 5.0.0 installer which worked well for me if this proves to be problematic.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

I have been using the latest update for the past 2 days and I have not had any major problems. But, there are off cut-off of ends at times. I don't recall having this issue earlier and I am using a PCI-e SSD so there is no reason for this to happen.

Otherwise, there are no crashes or any bugs as such. I will investigate further about these random cut-offs sometime.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

You guys are both using PC for your DAW,correct?

L.J. Nachsin

mybootsonfire

Post by mybootsonfire »

I just installed it last nite(PC) and was having a lot of fun with Ohmicide on everything. It seemed to be pretty resource hungry though. I was getting a lot of drop outs and had to increase my buffer size to 256 to avoid it, with just one patch. I'll have to play with it a bit more.
-chris