There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Output Exhale

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Output Exhale

Post by Guy Rowland »

Something to actually evaluate now - a vocal library with lots of editing options. (nb - there's some strong language in this, just in case kids are in earshot etc):

And a more in depth walkthrough here

Seems most obviously skewed to EDM etc, but certainly cinematic uses too. Having done a terrible hype job with no content before this I'm kinda grouchy with them, but this does look like a well conceived product to me.

$199, $179 for existing Output customers til the end of November.

TheUnfinished

Re: Output Exhale

Post by TheUnfinished »

I agree, it looks like quite a nice library for adding vocal textures etc.

They just need to deactivate the hypebot.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Wow-crazy! (man)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Ok, off the hype and having gone through the walkthrough-I wish the sounds were more interesting and less than 80% reverb.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Erik

Post by Erik »

TheUnfinished wrote: They just need to deactivate the hypebot.
:)
I guess this one is less geared toward music for'media composers and rather to the electrôproducers scene...
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

couple new videos using Exhale.

and a review
https://ask.audio/articles/review-outpu ... ver-before

---

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Pass; can't see a lot of use for this in my music, but congratulations to Output regardless.
Frank E. Lancaster

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

I have only had a little time to mess with it, but I am really impressed with the possibilities. For the right score, I swear with nothing but this, Logic Pro's Alchemy & Sculpture with the Arpgeggiator MIDI plug-in, & Omnsiphere I could accomplish an awful lot in a short period of time. It wouldn't be art, but I bet I could end up with a happy client.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

I have it loaded on my laptop on holiday this week and hope to play with it more in the evenings. If your into contemporary stuff like M83, James Blake, Jon Hopkins, School OF Seven Bells, Alt-J, etc. I think you could get some real joy from it. I just hope it's not to hard to coerce.

PhJ

Post by PhJ »

Sounds nice,
I wonder if the hipster beard is mandatory :P

mickeyl

Post by mickeyl »

PhJ wrote:Sounds nice,
I wonder if the hipster beard is mandatory :P
Hehe, I'm sure it is! :)
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

dadek

Post by dadek »

It's really cool, but if you're not careful how and in what context you use it. What you make with it could end up, IMHO, with a very 2015 imprint on it. Presently, not an issue, but when looking back. Most likely not an issue depending on the gig.