There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Black Friday 2017

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Black Friday 2017

Post by Guy Rowland »

A small hopefully useful innovation ahead of Black Friday week proper - have added RECENTLY ADDED to all new additions in the OP, my intention is to keep these up for about 48hrs (greatly prone to human error this, but the intent is there). That way hopefully it'll be easy to give a quick daily scan to see what has changed.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Just a heads up that Waves will be giving away a free plugin on Friday 24th, and there's a poll running to vote on what the freebie is - https://tinyurl.com/y9jqgjug . Options are:

Brand New Plugin
Q10 Equalizer
MetaFilter
Manny Marroquin Reverb
C4 Multiband Compressor
L1 Ultramaximizer

[EDIT psst, vote MetaFilter...]

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Guy Rowland wrote:Just a heads up that Waves will be giving away a free plugin on Friday 24th, and there's a poll running to vote on what the freebie is - https://tinyurl.com/y9jqgjug . Options are:

Brand New Plugin
Q10 Equalizer
MetaFilter
Manny Marroquin Reverb
C4 Multiband Compressor
L1 Ultramaximizer

[EDIT psst, vote MetaFilter...]
what's the new plugin?

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

It's a mystery lucky dip thing, it seems. Find out on Friday...

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

KyleJudkins wrote:jokes on you guys, I'm unemployed. I'm down to spare change and guitar picks - so I don't need to worry about resisting deals. I just came here to look at things I won't be able to take advantage of, in some sort of weird mental self whipping - undoubtedly cheaper than guy's link.
I know the broke thing all too well, so I sympathize. If I don't find another roommate for the house in which I pay rent, I'll be homeless, as it's too expensive. But I'm marginally self-employed, have a little cash, and am spending it this season to reach a DAW workstation "steady state" plateau of quality, usable tools. Then, after Jan.1 2018, I am going unsubscribe from EVERYTHING and stop being a consumer in this area for a good while. Instead, the plan is to just work on music and serious music education.

I'm the kind of person who, if I'm so broke that I can't afford the bus, I jump into a taxicab and worry about paying the fare later...

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Honestly money has been so bad comma between that and Irma I fell off the face of the planet from these forums, and I sort of did the same thing with v i c whenever I didn't have money I tended to avoid the forms like a plague, because I'm always exposed to something that gives me gas

I think my mom's hoarder Tendencies are finally manifesting themselves by making me think I should buy libraries based on the idea that I could use them for something, which miraculously seems to be independent with getting the basic tools down. I was still pretty obsessed with finding the best winds strings and brass for a while, but I think I'm to the point to where I'm satisfied with those libraries.

I don't think I can thank Jason and Larry enough, I just heard the right things at the right time, and with his help rendering some short stems for me to experiment with I don't think I would have ever considered SSS, and how did not been for Larry making me want to revisit SCS I wouldn't have been interested in the combo, which ticked a lot of the boxes that drove me to LASS.

When I first got SCS the thing was super buggy and awful as well as unexplainably ran terribly despite weeks of back-and-forth with support.

So that and ssw ended up collecting dust out of pure frustration, makes me wonder if it had worked out of the box if I hadn't made the switch sooner

That said one day I want to see if we can't have some sort of competition with some samplemodeling brass. like taking verta's midi and seeing who can get it to the sound the best with our army of reverbs available.... my gut says piet

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

I have NI Symph. Series Strings, and Percussion. , Having Komplete 11 Ult. I can get the Brass, and Woodwinds of the Symph. Series at the crossgrade price of $149.50 each, this will give me a full NI Symph. Orchestra.

I was also thinking that NI THRILL might be another library to add, but I'm not really sure about it, it could be useful once in a while, but not a must buy for my needs.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Atom Hub has a sale till the 1st of December with 40% discount - http://www.atomhub.net/

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Just a heads up - 7 new deals added so far today (look for the red recently added in the OP)

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Just saw these in the Best Service newsletter and which could be interesting

Ivory Pianos: https://www.bestservice.com/deals.html# ... AC__50_off
Gothic Instruments: https://www.bestservice.com/deals.html# ... nts_20_off

And can I notify that I have a sale to? :D

vocalnick

Post by vocalnick »

I'm thinking of updating from Komplete 9 Ultimate to 11. There's nothing in there that I particularly need, but it's nice to be up to date, and I want to get in while there's still a cheap(ish) upgrade path.

Not really GASing on much else lately, which is nice :)
Nick Storr - composer, sound designer, whatnot...
http://www.nickstorr.com

tack

Post by tack »

Joseph Hollo - Black Friday Sale - http://sound.artenuovo.com/
Get 30% off All Soudsets, 40% for E-Motion Padsheaven until Tuesday 28th Midnight.

No codes needed just click on the links and the reduced price will be there at checkout.
I love Hollo's soundset for Diva.
- Jason

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

cool MA went on sale

funny story though... my gf has been asking me what I want and I've been saying nothing(birthday is coming up on the 2nd) but I'm tempted to ask for dominus >.<

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

haha guy, that new plugin from waves is a bass vi...

if that gets voted for free after you picked up IKs bass I'll apologize for voting for it.

I'd send you my metafilter if I wasn't pretty sure it's in one of my bundles haha

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

All updated, thanks.

Kyle - my guess is the mystery plugin will be something else. Kinda weird to launch something new, put it immediately on sale, then give it away 3 days later...

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Guy Rowland wrote:All updated, thanks.

Kyle - my guess is the mystery plugin will be something else. Kinda weird to launch something new, put it immediately on sale, then give it away 3 days later...
after so many years of being nearly exclusively pirated, I'm sure they are just happy people will buy their products for even 29$.

really though, they have probably been vastly more successful selling plugins for 29$ due to the sheer volume and market reach of it.

Most of the time I buy 29$ new plugins, simply because it was an hour or two's worth of work max, and might come in handy.

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

waves factory sale(up to 50% off)

mercury is like 75$, just an FYI :)

and legacy drum looks like Jesus' paid a little attention to us Vdrummers... smooth and accurate response in the live playing videos from what I assume is a VH12, which is one of the higher end hi hat models.(2 zone, CC4 controlled)

I love track spacer for quick and rough mixes, and some things like drum circle have been on my Christmas stocking(very interesting concept)

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Thanks Anders - that deserves its own thread, and here it is http://www.thesoundboard.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2397

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

rip

I liked sonar for a bit

gtrwll

Post by gtrwll »

Anyone seen any deals on outboard gear here in Europe? All software sales have so far been a bit meh for me, and I think I'm entering the phase where one needs to invest in outboard gear to get his fix.

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

Well there’s a deal - Spitfire Symphonic Strings, Chamber Strings and Symphonic Strings Evolutions - all for £ 639.

It’s the best offer I’ve seen this year, and it’s got me very tempted.....

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

I'm considering to purchase Spitfire Symphonic Strings Evolutions at $ 201.60 (After the additional 10% discount for Symphonic Strings Owners). Instead of the standard price $299. , 25% Black Weekend Discount $224, additional 10% Off = $201.60

I have their EVO2 Strings, which I like a lot, I'm guessing the Symph. Strings EVO would be another good, and useful Strings library as well. Any feedback from owners of Spitfire Symph. Strings Evolutions ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

jokes on me, I own all those

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

Muziksculp wrote:I have their EVO2 Strings, which I like a lot, I'm guessing the Symph. Strings EVO would be another good, and useful Strings library as well. Any feedback from owners of Spitfire Symph. Strings Evolutions ?
I have/like ALL the EVOs, however, the Symphonic one is particularly nice and probably to most more generally useful of the lot. EVO 4 Woodwinds is often overlooked but it comes from an emotionally darker & more mysterious place.

If you are unsure, I would just spend some time listening to the stuff generated during the walkthrough and the promo videos. Also I would go through a similar exercise with all the EVOs just to give yourself the aesthetic context of the lot.
Andrew Stone

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

heisenberg wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:I have their EVO2 Strings, which I like a lot, I'm guessing the Symph. Strings EVO would be another good, and useful Strings library as well. Any feedback from owners of Spitfire Symph. Strings Evolutions ?
I have/like ALL the EVOs, however, the Symphonic one is particularly nice and probably to most more generally useful of the lot. EVO 4 Woodwinds is often overlooked but it comes from an emotionally darker & more mysterious place.

If you are unsure, I would just spend some time listening to the stuff generated during the walkthrough and the promo videos. Also I would go through a similar exercise with all the EVOs just to give yourself the aesthetic context of the lot.
Thanks for the feedback, and glad to know that you find Symph. Strings EVO very useful, I will take your advice, and listen carefully to the various demos, reviews, walkthrough, Promos, ..etc. a few times, to see how I like what I hear. I'm confident I will benefit from what it offers, especially at the current attractive pricing offer.