There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

VSTBuzz deal / 80% off of Gospel Musicans' Vintage Keys

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

VSTBuzz deal / 80% off of Gospel Musicans' Vintage Keys

Post by Piet De Ridder »

The 'Vintage Keys Bundle' from Gospel Musicans, which includes NeoSoul Keys, FM Tines, MK Sensation and Bassalicious — all soundware that has gathered tons of praise and barely a negative comment — is now available, thanks to VSTBuzz, for a mere €99 (normal full price: €500)

NeoSoul Keys (VST/AU/AAX and Standalone)
MK Sensation (for Kontakt 5)
FM Tines (UVI library)
Bassalicious (VST/AU and Standalone)

_

Guy Rowland

Re: VSTBuzz deal / 80% off of Gospel Musicans' Vintage Keys

Post by Guy Rowland »

...part of a disturbing trend on my part to see something that is unquestionably excellent value and of unquestionably excellent quality and yet given my arsenal I can see no use for.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I had some decent Rhodes, but this beat all of them handily. I imagine Keyscape is the other contender. I really enjoy the great sound and flexibility to add the right sort of sharpness of attack, or grunge, or swirl.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

I don't see much use for FM Tines and MK Sensation in my music (most soundlibraries celebrating the 80's are wasted on me), but NeoSoul and Bassalicious are both exceptional products, in my opinion, easily worth the €99.
(Bassilcious is very poorly presented in the above video. You get a much better idea of its very convincing, fat & analog old-skool-funkyness from the video on the product page.)

_

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

(I was just speaking of Neo Soul keys, btw.)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

All surely true, but in my case given (a) Keyscape and (b) 40 or so synths including Repro 1, Monark, Omni etc...

Erik

Post by Erik »

If I remember correctly there was a VIC user not satisfied with Neosoulkeys at all, when compared to Keyscape and other offers. I should dig the forum...
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Love the NeoSoul Rhodes.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

catsass

Post by catsass »

Ashermusic wrote: Jan 08, 2018 12:30 pmLove the NeoSoul Rhodes.
Would you say it's your favorite Rhodes emu, Jay?

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

catsass wrote: Jan 08, 2018 6:45 pm
Ashermusic wrote: Jan 08, 2018 12:30 pmLove the NeoSoul Rhodes.
Would you say it's your favorite Rhodes emu, Jay?
Yes, but a few points.

1. I don't own Keyscape. I played it briefly at Steve Porcaro's studio and was impressed by the amount of different kinds of excellent Rhodes sounds, but nothing that made me "have to have it."

2. I played a 60's vintage silver top suitcase model for many years during the '70's and so when I think Rhodes, I think Stevie Wonder (and Herbie Hancock.) So my acid test is I close my eyes play "Too High", and then turn on the suitcase panning and play "All In Love Is Fair". I then move on to a grittier preset and try some Donald Fagen type stuff and finish with a stage Rhodes for Elton John's "Daniel." No controller feels like the Rhodes keyboard so I cannot completely get back there, but if it sounds like I think it should sound with those, I am in.

3. I like the Wurlitzer electronic piano emus less. I think that the Indiginus Wurl-e Studio captures the two Wurlitzers I owned ( the older blond one and later sleeker "Carpenters" one) better.

That said, I have the Dexibell Vivo S7 and it does those beautifully, as I think you can hear on my NYE concert. Their latest OS update, Aqua Vivo, supposedly nowa llows you to record from it with its sounds both as MIDI and audio with a single USB cable, but I haven't tried doing so yet.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

catsass

Post by catsass »

Thanks for the detailed response, Jay!

Off topic: Were you friends with all 3 of the Porcaro brothers, or just Steve?
(Rest in peace, Mike and Jeff)

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Steve and Mike, didn't know Jeff.

www.jayasher.com