There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Arturia MiniBrute 2

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Erik

Arturia MiniBrute 2

Post by Erik »

Arturia is doing it again, capitalizing on its success story with hardware synths : introducing the MiniBrute 2. A Brute in a semi-modular fashion.
Here's what the dev marketing says :
Arturia’s latest instrument is a thrilling, adaptable synthesizer that can’t wait to meet your other instruments. Created for musicians, by musicians, MiniBrute 2 combines huge analog tone, powerful sound shaping features, step-sequencer, arpeggiator, and a modular patchbay to create the ultimate synth for true musical pioneers.

Hands-on synth joy
Intuitive, accessible, and fun; the pure synthesis power of MiniBrute 2 is easy to understand, quick to master, and will provide endless enjoyment. With instant, hands-on control of every parameter, you can mix your oscillators, ride your filters, sync your LFOs, and control your envelopes. MiniBrute 2 is a synth that gives you the freedom to create the sounds from your imagination.

Discover the modular world
Now you’re able to make a music system that’s truly more than the sum of its parts. MiniBrute 2 features a comprehensive modulation matrix with dozens of sources and destinations at your disposal. Whether you want to experiment with its internal parameters, wire in your modular setup, or sync your other gear to its sequencer, the possibilities are endless.

Performance power
Sporting the same luxurious, smooth-action keyboard as the venerable MatrixBrute, you’ll never want to stop playing on this inspiring synth. The keyboard also features aftertouch, which can be routed through the modulation matrix, opening up massive performance possibilities. MiniBrute 2 also features an arpeggiator with multiple modes, tap tempo, and rock-solid sync, and an intuitive step-sequencer to give you as much creative freedom as possible.
I'm rather excited. I'm not that found of Brute's raw sound but am aware of its extensive sound range thanx to interesting options, especially at this price tag.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Erik

Re: Arturia MiniBrute 2

Post by Erik »

Rather than inflict you the official clip, I think an "outsider" review might be of more help :

https://youtu.be/xwOia0T-4jE
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Ooh, that looks enticing. Would definitely consider it if I hadn’t already gone for its bigger sibling. Looks and sounds good.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Topic author
Erik

Post by Erik »

And now they’ve announced a desktop version with a sequencer based on beatstep, with sensitive pads. You can go paraphonic. I think it’s 3 racks and 64 memory slots (for the sequences)
Taking the vast sound design potential of MiniBrute 2 and supercharging it with an advanced, triple-layered step sequencer. Combining Arturia’s legacy of joyful, intuitive sequencers with attitude-packed synthesis, and expanding into the blooming world of Eurorack modular with a comprehensive mod matrix patchbay, MiniBrute 2S will give your music the Brute Factor™.

Pure synth power
Despite its power, MiniBrute 2S’s massive synth potential remains accessible and fun to use. Thanks to its analog, semi-modular architecture, you have hands-on control of every parameter, so you can oscillators, ride your filters, sync your LFOs, and control your envelopes on the fly to create a sound that’s unique yours, bound only by your imagination.

Rewire its DNA
Open up exciting new possibilities by patching in signals from your modular collection to alter MiniBrute 2S’s sound, or patch signals out to your modular to sequence or shape them from MiniBrute 2S’s myriad controls. With this synth at your command, your creative workspace will become an experimental sound laboratory.

Step in line
Not only does MiniBrute 2S feature an awesomely powerful, triple-layered step sequencer and multi-mode arpeggiator, it’s also decked out with high quality, pressure and velocity sensitive performance pads. MiniBrute 2S perfectly suits adventurous electronic musicians who feel comfortable dropping the traditional keyboard for a more contemporary interface.

Brilliant concept as it would not force MinBrute v1 owners to sell their keys for a heavily discounted price but push them toward this desktop to complement their setup. A 3d offer is on its way in a couple of hours : new Drum machine ?