There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Soon: Harmonic Subtones 'Emotional Violin'

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Soon: Harmonic Subtones 'Emotional Violin'

Post by Piet De Ridder »

After a loooooong wait, it looks like the follow-up to the Harmonic Subtones ‘Emotional Cello’ is finally about to be released. It’s not out yet, there aren’t any audio demos either, but there is a Best Service announcement which says that the library will be available next month:

After the success of "Emotional Cello" Best Service now presents "Emotional Violin" to complement the line of stringed virtual instruments, playable with the highest possible level of expression, perfect for film-scoring, pop-production, song-writing, classic and modern avant-garde compositions.
As Emotional Cello, Emotional Violin has been created by Harmonic Subtones, a Munich based developer team to be used with Native Instruments' Kontakt 5 Player.

Emotional Violin offers:
▪ 2 Master-patches with true legato: (1) Romantic Violin (2) Intimate Violin.
▪ Packed with over 50 articulations: Normal sustains with and without vibrato, multiple progressive vibratos, multiple espressivo, flautando, sul ponticello, morbid sustains, harmonics, multiple spiccatos, staccato, marcato, tremolo, tremolo sul ponticello, multiple trills, pizzicato, pizzicato snap, Paganini pizzicato, scratches, Piazolla FX, diverse violin effects, violin Percussion.
▪ Effect Section with modeled sordino, timbre impulses, room, reverb, EQ.
▪ Streamlined for ease of use: Keyswitches with MIDI-learn-function, momentary keyswitches, purge & unload unused articulations.
▪ Microtuning.

Price: $ 199.- / € 199.-
Available from February, 2018, at www.bestservice.com and Best Service key dealers.

_

Linos

Re: Soon: Harmonic Subtones 'Emotional Violin'

Post by Linos »

If it is anything like the Emotional Cello it will be a strong contender in the saturated market of sampled solo strings. A very welcome addition, as I have reservations about all the solo strings I own so far. None could convince me for classical string quartet writing, but the Emotional Cello comes closest. The early demo for Emotional Violin sounded good (with only a few short moments causing a frown), but it's not enough to really tell yet:

Looking forward to the release. By the way, didn't they announce the viola at the same time as the violin? Any news on this?

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Re: Soon: Harmonic Subtones 'Emotional Violin'

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Ah, there is a demo. I wasn't aware of that one. Thank, Linos. (And yes, that demo has a several promising moments.)
As for the viola, I'm afraid I have no idea what the situation is.

_