There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Rogue Amoeba / Farrago, a 'soundboard' app

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Rogue Amoeba / Farrago, a 'soundboard' app

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Rogie Amoeba, makers of a.o. Audio Hijack, Fission, Loopback and Airfoil, have just started shipping Farrago, what they call a 'soundboard tool' for MacOS: "It provides the best way for podcasters, theater techs, and other live performers to quickly play sound bites, audio effects, and music clips. Add impromptu musical accompaniment and sound effects or run entire scripted performances. With Farrago, your entire library of audio is at your fingertips."

The product page has a 1 minute presentation video, a few useful extra links to addtional information about the app and a demo download-link.

Introductory price $39, regular price $49.

_

Guy Rowland

Re: Rogue Amoeba / Farrago, a 'soundboard' app

Post by Guy Rowland »

In the UK - and I believe much of the world - TV studios all use windows-only software called SpotOn made by Serialtech. At its core, it looks similar to this, and I've been waiting for a cross-platform that has a pro feature set. This seems at a glance sadly not to be that product. It is mac-only, for one, but it seems to lack the ability to load in playlists made by editors like Adobe Audition, which is a good way to loop / re-order audio beyond a simple in-out. Further, I'm not sure that there's a way to make complex controls - one button stops another, then plays another with a delay etc. Q Lab is very advanced for this and is the standard for theatres and live shows, but that is much more designed to be for fixed sequences, not so much on-the-fly.

So yes, this looks to be a mac-based slicker sound plant. (Nice plug for our forum though....)