There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cubase 9.0.40 Maintenance Update Available

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
catsass

Cubase 9.0.40 Maintenance Update Available

Post by catsass »

"Today we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Cubase maintenance update, version 9.0.40, for the entire product family. The update provides fixes and improvements throughout several areas of the application."

Improvements & issues resolved
The following list details resolved issues and improvements in this version:

- Device Panels: Fixed several issues that occurred when working with Device Panels which could render the application unreliable.

- Export Audio: Fixed an issue where Send On/Off Automation was not correctly rendered to audio under specific conditions.

- General: Fixed an issue where saving a project could render the application unreliable while third-party plug-ins attempted to open a window or show a message.

- MIDI Editing: Fixed an issue where "Toggle" parameters for setting up the Project Logical Editor could render the application unreliable.

- Instruments: Updated Retrologue to version 2.1.10 and Groove Agent SE to 4.5.20 for improved stability on macOS systems.

- MediaBay: Fixed an issue where search results disappeared after editing Attributes.

- MediaBay: Fixed an issue where column positions in Result List changed when switching between different content sets/libraries.

- MediaBay: Fixed an issue where the Preview Volume Slider position could not be recalled.

- MediaBay: Fixed an issue where the “Deep Results” key command was not working.

- MIDI Editing: Fixed an issue where using the MIDI function “Extract MIDI Automation” could render the application unreliable.

- MIDI Editing Fixed an issue where setting the Project Logical Editor to “matches = is empty” could render the application unreliable.

- MIDI Plug-ins: Fixed an issue where some MIDI plug-in parameters were not correctly recalled when loading a project.

- MixConsole: Fixed an issue where changing the focus zone in the MixConsole sometimes de-selected tracks in the Project window.

- MixConsole: Improved the audio quality of the Pre-Rack Low Cut when used with certain settings.

- MixConsole: Fixed an issue where entering values for multiple selected channels with [Alt]/[Option]+[Shift] was not working.

- MixConsole: Fixed an issue with the MixConsole History which could render the application unreliable.

- MixConsole: Fixed an issue where clicking in the meter area of channels always reset the metering. To reset meters now use [Alt]/[Option]+Mouse Click.

- MixConsole: Fixed an issue where clicking in the meter area of channels led to Metering Peak Options being wrongly toggled between on and off.

- Performance: Improved performance of drawing waveform images in the Project window for more responsive zoom operations.

- Performance: Improved performance of drawing the metering in the Meter tab.

- Performance: Improved performance when swichting focus zones in the Project window.

- Plug-ins: Fixed an issue where certain parameter settings in the Compressor led to different audible results in Live/NonLive mode.

- Sampler Track: Fixed an issue where adding a Sampler track on macOS High Sierra (10.13) systems could render the application unreliable.

- Track List: Fixed an issue where using “Divide Track List” in conjunction with the In-Place Editor could render the application unreliable.

- Video: Fixed an issue where thumbnail creation of videos in ProRes format could render the application unreliable.

- Video: Improved stability when using H.264 encoded videos.

- Video: Fixed an issue where videos in SD format with 16:9 aspect ratio were distorted.

- Video: Fixed an issue where the aspect ratio of specific MP4/H.264 video files was wrongly displayed.

- Video: Fixed an issue where it was possible to drag/jog the project time beyond the project start time inside the video window.

- Video: Fixed an issue where Full HD videos were displayed incorrectly when fed via Blackmagic Decklink card.

- Video: Improved transport performance when using video in ProRes format.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... pro_9.html

Topic author
catsass

Re: Cubase 9.0.40 Maintenance Update Available

Post by catsass »

FYI:

Regarding a maintenance update for 9.5.10:

"It should be in the first half of March but there is no exact date available yet."
- Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

This update can't come soon enough for me. The mixer history bug alone (currently set to be fixed in the aforementioned and forthcoming maintenance update) is driving me batty!

Guy Rowland

Re: Cubase 9.0.40 Maintenance Update Available

Post by Guy Rowland »

I only had my Track Archives / Disabled Track bug logged a couple of months ago, despite it being 2 years old, so I'm not surprised to see anything in this list, nor i expect in 9.5.20. I'm struggling to get motivated about anything else til that is properly addressed.