There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

UVI Darklight Iix 75% off

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

UVI Darklight Iix 75% off

Post by Guy Rowland »

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/75-off-darklight-uvi/

(39 euros, sale until end of April)

I have Darklight and glad I do. It's not a full scale Fairlight emulator, but its surprisingly common to want to use many of those iconic 80s sounds. Darklight does it well and without fuss.

Gregh

Re: UVI Darklight Iix 75% off

Post by Gregh »

a friend of mine used to do work with Fairlight and bought Peter Gabriel's old one -ended up giving it away. I could have had it but declined - too much upkeep

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Yeah, I think somewhere in the depths of my mind I thought it would be cool to have a Fairlight emulation (also want a Synclav and a Waveframe - I need help!) but Darklight is a ton of fun! Love the sounds, don't mind at all that it is sample based.

Dave

Post by Dave »

I have the Bitley Fairlight library (for Kontakt, not the much more substantial Reason version). Would this be a good addition to those sounds, or is there too much overlap?

Erik

Post by Erik »

But the Fairlight was indeed samp’e based wasn’t it?
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Gregh wrote: Apr 18, 2018 3:23 am a friend of mine used to do work with Fairlight and bought Peter Gabriel's old one -ended up giving it away. I could have had it but declined ... OMG!!! :shock: ... - too much upkeep :wallbang:
;)