There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

NI Komplete Kontrol 2.0

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

NI Komplete Kontrol 2.0

Post by Guy Rowland »

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... plete/nks/

The main new thing is effects are now part of the NKS standard. Here's a list of 2.0 changes:
ADDED Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) FX Plug-in Support
NKS FX brings the familiarity and immediacy of the NKS experience to FX plug-ins
Full integration with the Native Browser and intelligent parameter mapping via Native Map

ADDED VST FX Plug-in Support
Load any VST FX plug-in via the Plug-in Bar, customise mappings, and save user presets in the Native Browser

ADDED KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer Page Indicators
Channel Mute and Solo state indicators on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Logic Pro X, GarageBand, Ableton Live, Cubase and Nuendo
Channel Record Arm state indicators on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Ableton Live

IMPROVED Behaviour of KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK1 and MK2 PRESET UP / PRESET DOWN buttons is now consistent in all modes

FIXED Intermittent crash when navigating tracks in Logic Pro X

FIXED Intermittent crashes when quitting KOMPLETE KONTROL

FIXED Master and Output channels are no longer greyed-out on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Logic Pro X

FIXED Level meters match the software on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Ableton Live

FIXED KOMPLETE KONTROL remembers hosted plug-ins that are missing on the system
On the effects, I'm not sure how non-hardware users make any benefit from it, unless there is a new KK FX plugin that has a useful browser. But have to say - not a single issue has been addressed since 1.0 that I've had with it. Still no resize; still no way to tell what instrument a preset is from; still no sort by library or plugin; still no search for family of libraries (such as Reaktor) only 1 or all. I still find it essentially useless, which beggars belief from a product now this old from NI.