There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Presonus Livestream May 22 (almost surely Studio One 4)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
TFM_Joost

Presonus Livestream May 22 (almost surely Studio One 4)

Post by TFM_Joost »

So, this came on youtube just now:

https://youtu.be/8okO2K7qaso

Four dots as the title. If this isn't Studio One 4 I will eat my shoes. I'm very excited, Studio One updates are always pretty huge.

Farkle

Re: Presonus Livestream May 22 (almost surely Studio One 4)

Post by Farkle »

Oooo, I'm in the middle of learning Studio One Ver 3.5 (Just wrote several cues for some game companies with it), and so far, I'm quite impressed with it. For library and video game music, it's REALLY good. I finally retired Sound Forge (8? 9?) because S1 has great mastering workflow and re-encoding for video games.

I'm super excited to hear what Ver 4 has coming out! Especially for all us Sonar converts! :)

Mike
Mike Worth

Topic author
TFM_Joost

Post by TFM_Joost »

Farkle wrote: May 11, 2018 10:52 am Oooo, I'm in the middle of learning Studio One Ver 3.5 (Just wrote several cues for some game companies with it), and so far, I'm quite impressed with it. For library and video game music, it's REALLY good. I finally retired Sound Forge (8? 9?) because S1 has great mastering workflow and re-encoding for video games.

I'm super excited to hear what Ver 4 has coming out! Especially for all us Sonar converts! :)

Mike
Indeed it is really good. So far it's replacing Cubase in my workflow whenever possible. However, it still misses some serious tools for serious video/game work. Presonus however is known to listen well to costumer feedback, and many feature requests regarding this are very high on the list. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can finally lay Cubase to rest.

Farkle

Post by Farkle »

TFM_Joost wrote: May 11, 2018 12:24 pm
Farkle wrote: May 11, 2018 10:52 am Oooo, I'm in the middle of learning Studio One Ver 3.5 (Just wrote several cues for some game companies with it), and so far, I'm quite impressed with it. For library and video game music, it's REALLY good. I finally retired Sound Forge (8? 9?) because S1 has great mastering workflow and re-encoding for video games.

Mike
Indeed it is really good. So far it's replacing Cubase in my workflow whenever possible. However, it still misses some serious tools for serious video/game work. Presonus however is known to listen well to costumer feedback, and many feature requests regarding this are very high on the list. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can finally lay Cubase to rest.
Definitely agreed on film/TV work (I have DP for that), but so far, I'm liking how the video game scoring is going in S1. Granted, I'm doing simple casual game loops... which is very similar to library music. What areas would you like to see S1 implement to make it more robust for video game scoring? Besides deep Wwise integration (which would be pretty amazing, btw!).

Mike
Mike Worth

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Thanks for the heads up !

As a Studio One Pro 3.5 user, I'm really excited, and curious to see what S1 Pro 4 offers. I am quite sure it is version 4 they will be announcing on May 22nd. If that's not it, then it better be super cool.

I just marked May 22nd as very exciting day on my calendar :)

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Ooooooo.... Thanks for the heads up!

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Looks real good! Upgraded and awaiting license :)

From what I can tell it seems a lot more "touchable" than version 3, great for my 19" multi touch monitor!

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

It was an instant "like" on this upgrade/update. Everything as before but with some really nice additions. Ripple edit (finally!), can see multiple MIDI CC lanes at the same time, PATTERNS(!), excellent drum editing and more. Been playing with the chord track for a little while and what I felt at first was just "meh" has turned into something I actually can see myself use. Great (and FAST) way of testing chords over an arrangement (which could be BIG).

Curious to see what ARA 2.0 will bring.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Thomas Mavian wrote: May 22, 2018 6:02 pm It was an instant "like" on this upgrade/update. Everything as before but with some really nice additions. Ripple edit (finally!), can see multiple MIDI CC lanes at the same time, PATTERNS(!), excellent drum editing and more. Been playing with the chord track for a little while and what I felt at first was just "meh" has turned into something I actually can see myself use. Great (and FAST) way of testing chords over an arrangement (which could be BIG).

Curious to see what ARA 2.0 will bring.
Cool ! So you are already using S1Pro4 :thumbsup:

Did they fix the license issue they were having ?

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Yes and yes. Took a few hours but eventually I got a key that worked.

Oh, and "Import Song Data" is quite welcome as well...

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Thomas Mavian wrote: May 22, 2018 6:28 pm Yes and yes. Took a few hours but eventually I got a key that worked.

Oh, and "Import Song Data" is quite welcome as well...
Thanks. I plan to upgrade to v4 shortly.

I'm sure they will be adding some additional cool features via incremental updates to ver. 4

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Good price via JRR Shop, about $127 instead of $149.

paulmatthew

Post by paulmatthew »

Thomas Mavian wrote: May 22, 2018 6:44 pm Good price via JRR Shop, about $127 instead of $149.
I think it got pulled from JRRshop . It was up for sale on their site the evening before the release announcement was made so it might have something to do with that. It was gone by the end of the next day.