There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Sample Fuel

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Scoredog

Sample Fuel

Post by Scoredog »

Since no has mentioned this yet on this forum I am going to champion it here.

Sample Fuel is a company formed by Danny Lux who over the past 25 yrs or so has been involved in some Americas most popular TV shows...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0527668/

That someone of his pedigree has decided he needed to do a library based on his scoring specifications and release it to the public as oppose to just use it for his own shows is pretty great stuff. I was given a copy a few days ago and literally can't put it down. It is now my favorite motion based synth though it can do a whole lot more. It runs in the free Halion player which was a turnoff at first (I did not want to learn a new player) but I was up and running fairly quickly.

You can check it out here...

https://www.samplefuel.com

samplefuel

Re: Sample Fuel

Post by samplefuel »

Appreciate Craig posting here.... Here is some info and a few screen shots.... full details at https://www.samplefuel.com/

PRODUCT INFO - $34.99 (POLY) $34.99 (WAVE) or bundled together $49.99 (THE HYBRID BUNDLE)

Intuitive and flexible with the focus on quick and easy workflow is the concept behind our CRE8 Engine. HYBRID is half Modern dual oscillator Wavetable synthesizer powered by the WAVE CRE8 Engine and half Modern Classic 3 oscillator synth with up to 8 de-tunable voices, Sub and Noise Oscillators powered by POLY CRE8 engine . Presets only found in this bundle have up to 4 Layers* and you can load patches in up to 16 slots that can be used multi-timbral or layered by assigning patches to the same midi channel. The main concept behind its design is to provide you with a "Main Page" that provides all the functionality you would reach for during composing or performing. Of course there is an incredible amount of functionality and sound design capabilities contained in the additional pages we provide all with the same concept of being simple and intuitive.

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Here are some POLY demos...

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Here are some WAVE demos...

Mike Greene

Post by Mike Greene »

Scoredog wrote: May 19, 2018 9:15 am Sample Fuel is a company formed by Danny Lux ...
Wow, I didn't know that. I've always liked Danny's work. My favorite was "My Name Is Earl," which was so perfectly done, and an example of a show where the music truly did play a role in making the show work. In fact, Craig, you may remember when I decided to learn to play harmonica? This was the show that inspired me to do that.

The synth sounds very cool. At 50 bucks for both, I'll have to pick this up.

dlpmusic

Post by dlpmusic »

Mike Greene wrote: May 19, 2018 2:47 pm
Scoredog wrote: May 19, 2018 9:15 am Sample Fuel is a company formed by Danny Lux ...
Wow, I didn't know that. I've always liked Danny's work. My favorite was "My Name Is Earl," which was so perfectly done, and an example of a show where the music truly did play a role in making the show work. In fact, Craig, you may remember when I decided to learn to play harmonica? This was the show that inspired me to do that.

The synth sounds very cool. At 50 bucks for both, I'll have to pick this up.
Thanks Mike! My Name is Earl was one of my favorites. They allowed me to really write some crazy fun stuff on that show.

Enjoy the bundle....

I posted this info at VI control yesterday but here is what I wrote....

Craig reached out to me and suggested I post in this thread and let people know that I am behind creating POLY and WAVE as well as starting up Sample Fuel. Let me give you the back story and tell you about some future plans.....

I like you have been composing for a very long time. Many of you probably are aware of some of my credits and many of you probably are not....you can see most of them here.... https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0527668/

I have been a Cubase user for many years and have gravitated towards Steinberg's HALion platform for many years. Like everyone I use Kontakt, Omnisphere, UVI, etc..... I love them all and am grateful such talented companies and sound designers make such great tools for all of us.

However for my own sound design work I have gravitated towards HALion as I found that it is one of the most capable tools out there and suits my workflow really well.

HALion 6 was released about a year ago and allows users to develop their own interfaces/libraries in a similar manner to how Kontakt developers are creating great customized libraries. I decided to make my own interface/instrument that would be sort of my "dream" interface in terms of extremely quick and easy workflow yet incredibly capable to create just about anything I would want a sound to do in terms of motion, pulsing, arp, FX, etc... The end result was so satisfying to me that I decided to give the interface a name CRE8 which is what is powering POLY and WAVE.

The patches are mostly programmed by me and my assistant and are mainly focused on patches that I will use in my own compositions. The patches are interesting but not so complex or overwhelming that they take over the track leaving you little room. They are meant to inspire and add to your compositions in interesting ways.

The future plans......

The CRE8 engine was designed for sample/granular based libraries. In the coming months there will be several sample libraries released all with a unique HYBRID engine that will have sample, granular, analog modeling and wavetable synthesis all combined....stay tuned.....very cool stuff coming.

So POLY and WAVE are just 2 parts to the new CRE8 engine. All the instruments that we will release run in the totally FREE HALion Sonic SE Player. It made sense to start Sample Fuel with 2 extremely no brainer affordable and capable instruments. The sample libraries will also be extremely competitive in terms of price and I believe will also provide some unique capabilities due to its hybrid synthesis engine.

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. www.samplefuel.com

-Danny Lux

tack

Post by tack »

Grey's Anatomy continues to be a guilty pleasure. :)

Listened to a couple of the walkthrough videos and there are some great sounds in here. I think it's probably time to overcome my aversion to Halion!

Out of curiosity, are the glitches in this video around 4:22 something going wonky with the screen capture, or is it part of the patch?

- Jason

kpc

Post by kpc »

Hey Danny -

Nice to have you around. I too, am a fan of your work on Earl, but also Ally McBeal. I’ll be checking out your synths as well.

Cheers
- kayle

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

tack wrote: May 19, 2018 3:38 pm Grey's Anatomy continues to be a guilty pleasure. :)

Listened to a couple of the walkthrough videos and there are some great sounds in here. I think it's probably time to overcome my aversion to Halion!

Out of curiosity, are the glitches in this video around 4:22 something going wonky with the screen capture, or is it part of the patch?

Never noticed that....definitely something gone wrong in the screen capture.

dlpmusic

Post by dlpmusic »

tack wrote: May 19, 2018 3:38 pm Grey's Anatomy continues to be a guilty pleasure. :)

I am grateful to still have Grey's Anatomy going into season 15 next year!

I want to point out that the video is walking through just the extra MULTI patches that only come with the HYBRID Bundle. It looks a little confusing because in Layer 1 which you are seeing it always says POLY.

dlpmusic

Post by dlpmusic »

HALion really is first rate. POLY and WAVE are really designed to be very simple to use. If all you do is stick to the presets and THE MAIN Page you will find it very easy to use. It can get incredible deep if you explore the other pages but I tried to make it very simple to use on the surface.

HALion Sonic SE FREE is very intuitive once you spend a few minutes with it figuring out the browser, etc...

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Since you posted a video here is a quick one you might find helpful.

Here is a quick 1:07 video showing the Cubase sequence for one of the audio demos.... This utilizes 1 instance of POLY with 12 patches.

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Almost forgot....

There is an absolutely FREE DEMO version of POLY with 40+ patches. These patches sound exactly the same as they do in the FULL version. The only difference is that the demo version only gives you access to THE MAIN PAGE so you can't access the other pages for deeper editing.

This will give you a good taste of the style of the patches. THE HYBRID BUNDLE has over 500+ patches.

You can download it at https://www.samplefuel.com/

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

I like this, I bought this. For me as someone who already owns HALion 6 it’s a no brainer. Building blocks on which to sit whatever sounds take your fancy.

dlpmusic

Post by dlpmusic »

Raymond_Kemp wrote: May 20, 2018 10:51 am I like this, I bought this. For me as someone who already owns HALion 6 it’s a no brainer. Building blocks on which to sit whatever sounds take your fancy.
Thanks for picking it up. Besides the plethora of useful patches building the CRE8 interface was my main purpose on the onset. HALion 6 is an awesome tool but even for a long time user like myself it still can be overwhelming at times and not super quick to build a sound from scratch. That is why I wanted to build an interface (CRE8) that would make everything from tweaking to building sounds much more simple and much faster.

As for people who do not own HALion 6 it really gives them a huge amount of what HALion 6 can do for very little money with a very small learning curve.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 »

Just download the demo, is There a difference between the use of HALion or HALion Sonic ? and did you plan to support NKS ?
Thank you.. Going to test this one….
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 4x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 12 / VEP7 / Console 1 / TC Icon / CMC Controllers / iPads Lemur / 24ch XTouch / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 /

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Home Studio 87 wrote: May 20, 2018 1:53 pm Just download the demo, is There a difference between the use of HALion or HALion Sonic ? and did you plan to support NKS ?
Thank you.. Going to test this one….
There is basically no difference. Just make sure you have the latest version of HALion or HALion Sonic or the synth interface will not be displayed when you hit the edit button.

I would like to support nks but that requires as far as I know for Steinberg to support it with the HALion platform and I suspect that will probably not happen.

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Just wanted to point out the concept behind the CRE8 interface which POLY and WAVE use is ease of use to allow you to tweak your sound without the need to go past the simple MAIN PAGE. The MAIN PAGE will quickly allow you to tweak filters, ADSR, etc...but the most interesting part is the ability to added pulsing motion due to the fix LFO's that are tied to VOLUME and PAN to get the sound moving/pumping in interesting ways without the need to dive into the deeper editing page.

Here is a quick walk through video explaining the MAIN PAGE.....

Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

Our HYBRID Bundle by Sample Fuel Review was published, see below. The first product is truly helpful and give the Halion Player software some excellent sound sets to expand the use of Halion 6 and Halion 6 SE

HYBRID Bundle by Sample Fuel Review
https://www.strongmocha.com/2018/05/20/ ... el-review/

kpc

Post by kpc »

Hey Thorsten -

I enjoy your reviews, but they are impossible to read on an iPad (where I do most of my reading these days). Once you scroll down a bit, the blasted “other reviews” window takes over a third of the screen and covers the text. I can’t find a way to get rid of it. It doesn’t matter if it’s landscape or portrait mode. Pretty frustrating I must say. And more often than not, I skip or forget to go back when on my Mac to read the review.
2338B905-682C-4C9D-A55D-CD42554A9BA8.jpeg
- kayle

Thorsten Meyer

Post by Thorsten Meyer »

kpc wrote: May 22, 2018 6:32 am Hey Thorsten -

I enjoy your reviews, but they are impossible to read on an iPad (where I do most of my reading these days). Once you scroll down a bit, the blasted “other reviews” window takes over a third of the screen and covers the text. I can’t find a way to get rid of it. It doesn’t matter if it’s landscape or portrait mode. Pretty frustrating I must say. And more often than not, I skip or forget to go back when on my Mac to read the review.

2338B905-682C-4C9D-A55D-CD42554A9BA8.jpeg
Thank you for the heads-up, the error you saw is gone now.

Cheers,
Thorsten