There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Kush Audio / REDDI Tube D.I.

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Kush Audio / REDDI Tube D.I.

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"The original hardware REDDI is a legend among professional session players and commercial studio owners. Its hybrid tube/solid state gain circuits, beefy transformer, and oversized power supply have an uncanny ability to both reign in bass transients and punch them up. Without any eq – simply through its gentle tube shimmer – REDDI gets bass, synths, and guitars to ’sit’ in the mix with less processing and fuss.

The REDDI plugin, then, is designed to be used as any analog DI would: first in the chain, as an initial treatment before compression, saturation or eq – imparting its unique tube sweetness to any instrument in your mix."

Price $49. No iLok dongle required, but you do need the iLok License Manager to activate the plug-in..

_

Tanuj Tiku

Re: Kush Audio / REDDI Tube D.I.

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

I just spent some time with it - sounds very good to me. It has the Kush quality and it definitely does some nice things to the bass. But also generally adds nice crunch if you push it. It does change behaviour based on how hard the incoming signal is. There is a nice sweet spot with that.

And very straightforward to work with!