There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Nugen Sigmod

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Nugen Sigmod

Post by Guy Rowland »

This seems like a genuinely different product, something designed to enhance and give new functionality to existing plugins, and some useful simple tools. Would like to see a video of it in action.

Instantly enhance the functionality of your plug-ins and DAW with eleven different signal modification units. Explore new creative possibilities and quickly add missing features. Each module can easily be inserted, swapped and moved around making new options to correct, convert or tweak your audio.

With eleven single-process modules, SigMod contains many useful, creative functions which are unobtainable or otherwise difficult to engage. Combine these single-process modules in any order to design the precise routing you require. Auto-resizing keeps the signal flow and functionality clear at all times.

For your plug-ins

Add mid/side functionality to classic stereo compressor and EQ emulations, or get creative with mid/side delays, distortion and many other effects by inserting the mid/side encoder/decoder either side of any left/right plug-in instance.

Insert the Protect unit across your output bus and this safety module will automatically cut in to prevent bursts of noise or feedback howls due to system errors, saving both your nerves and your speakers. Manual or auto reset options give you the level of protection you need.

Want to try some parallel processing? Drop in the Tap module and you are good to go. Use the Crossover module to split the highs from the lows to apply different effects to different frequency ranges - great for avoiding muddying up the low frequencies or getting creative with automation and sweep effects.

For your DAW

Several of SigMod's modules offer easy access to functionality which is either missing from certain DAWs, or at least complicated to access natively. Solo/mute or trim the left and right sides of a stereo signal independently, or easily flip the stereo image in one click. Quickly detect and correct DC offset to retain valuable headroom.

How does your mix sound in mono? Think about how many listeners will be using a phone or a DAB radio with one speaker - the Mono module switches your signal from stereo to mono in one click. You can also check the phase relationship between your left and right channels with the Phase module.

Full list of modules

Mid/Side
Protect
Mono
Switch
Delay
Phase
Trim
DC offset
Tap
Mute/Solo
Crossover

$29 until June 25 and then $49
http://www.nugenaudio.com/sigmod-modula ... -au-vst_62

soundbylaura

Re: Nugen Sigmod

Post by soundbylaura »

Definitely needs more description and explanation, manual to download beforehand.
Be an upstander.

DrQuest

Post by DrQuest »

Demo and manual are both available on the site by clicking the Try Now button.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

DrQuest wrote: May 26, 2018 10:48 pm Demo and manual are both available on the site by clicking the Try Now button.
Never mind.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Here's a good starter video from Pro Tools Expert. It is that protection thing (showcased here at the end) that is immediately appealing.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Thanks. Look forward to more videos.

That Protect module looks like a good way to mess with someone. ;)
Be an upstander.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Just got an email that SigMod now offers VST3 plugin hosting in Pro Tools and Ableton. That... seems like a very big deal.

https://nugenaudio.com/sigmod/?src=sgmv_mb_int_intro2
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Belated follow up to this Laura - finally got round to buying this really for the Protection module. Still waiting for VSL to release the VE Pro fix that will stop the occasional full deflection burst of noise when enabling a plugin, and it's making me tense and irritable. Seems to work like a charm, you set the threshold for when it kicks in, and then it can either be on a timer to reset or you can manually do so via a pop up. Great - will permanently sit on my output.

Less great was VST3 hosting. I scanned my plugins and it managed to crash Cubase in an entirely new way - while it was still going and the audio playing it actually became invisible to Windows. Neither the program nor the process was visible in Windows Task Manager, which I didn't believe was possible.

I'm not sure I have a use for it anyway, I don't think I have any VST3 plugs that aren't also in AAX format. I do have a few VST2 plugins, but it can't do that.

EDIT - amazing timing, it just kicked in when VE Pro did its evil bastard thing once more. I didn't feel a thing, it catches it before the transient peak even. In an ideal world you'd get an option for it to reset itself when the audio drops below a certain threshold, but manually clicking a pop up works well.