There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Modartt Pianoteq / new Steingaeber & Söhne E272

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Modartt Pianoteq / new Steingaeber & Söhne E272

Post by Piet De Ridder »

It would seem that if your surname begins with 'Stein', you owe it to the world to become a piano manufacturer, doesn't it? Never seizes to amaze me how many Stein***-named piano brands there are. (*)

Anyway, this thread merely to announce — in a glad tidings sort of way — that Modartt has released a new model for their Pianoteq software, this time a piano modeled after the Steingaeber & Söhne E272:

"Since 1852, Steingraeber & Söhne have been making innovative hand-crafted pianos of the finest quality, played worldwide by an array of distinguished artists and in the most-renowned concert halls.
This is the first physical model of the E-272 Concert Grand Piano, praised by many pianists as being one of the most distinctive and outstanding instruments on the market today.
Steingraeber is the only manufacturer to have reduced the surface of the treble soundboard and to have restored its ‘classical relationship’ to short treble strings. Thus, Steingraeber strings have 27% less wood weight to set in motion. Even when softer intonation is called for, the player is rewarded with an immediate, singing resonance."

_

(*) Stein, Steinbach, Steinberg, Steiner, Steingraeber & Söhne, Steinhoven, Steinmann, Steinmayer, Steinthal, Steinway & Sons, Steinway Haus, ...

kpc

Re: Modartt Pianoteq / new Steingaeber & Söhne E272

Post by kpc »

Sounds lovely in the demo - do you have it Piet?

I was interested in PianoTeq a number of years ago - V2 maybe? Not sure why they fell off my radar. I bought the Garritan Steinway (remember that?) and I guess I stuck with the purely sampled pianos. Maybe PianoTeq is worth another look, although i don't need anymore pianos.
- kayle

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

kpc wrote: Jun 14, 2018 9:00 amSounds lovely in the demo - do you have it Piet?
No, I don't. Due to the house & studio renovations at my place during the last many months, I was unable, for the first time in many years, to join in the beta test. Judging by the quality of the results of that test, it might be not a bad idea to continue that absence.

_

chrisr

Post by chrisr »

Piet De Ridder wrote: Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am] it might be not a bad idea to continue that absence.
ha!! Coincidence I'm sure...