There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Your Holiday Hauls

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Aesthete

Re: Your Holiday Hauls

Post by Aesthete »

This plugin seems like it needs its own thread. Please discuss over here. I look forward to some ideas/tips.
http://thesoundboard.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=319
kpc wrote:Ok, well I broke down and picked up Magic a/b. One thing I need to work on is my mixing and finalizing cues for delivery. I'm in a "raise your game" mode and I think doing more (actually, I never compare) comparisons between my mixes and what I'm going for will help immensely.

But that's it. I'm done. :)

Cheers
kc

stupendousman

Post by stupendousman »

I picked up a Waves plugin that I've been eyeballing for most of the last year, and I'm 80% sure that I'm going to grab Voxos 2 tonight. I'm not usually a sucker for the $1 short of actual price marketing trick, but for some reason the $299 pricetag on Voxos seems a lot lower than $300, which is a whole lot lower than its occasional $400 and a fat lot lower than its usual $500.

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Ok, got the Fix Flanger/Fix Doubler by Softubes as well as the dyna•mite compressor (UAD version). A very modest weekend me wallet thinks :)

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

So far, the Premier bass, Cinestrings runs, Sonnox Oxford Inflator and a $199 (!) 960 gig Sandisk SSD. Jeez. I have no friggin' willpower.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I made a huge score this Black Friday season... not a library, not even a musical instrument really... I picked up a used TEF25 - arguably the preeminent acoustical test set. I could ramble on about everything one can do with this system for hours, and then another few hours on the history, but I'll spare you all! Suffice it to say this is the granddaddy of modern acoustical measurements. I'm pretty excited. A friend loaned it to me back in October (because yeah, he really thought I'd send it back), and then he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

There was even enough left over for some small studio toys - Granulate, the Stresov Violins (love the bari), Cakewalk Rapture Pro, Muletone Strashed, and Liquidsonics Reverberate 2 (my big purchase). There are libraries on my wish list, but I don't have any projects that would justify them, so I'll stick with fun little libraries and plug-ins that will keep me amused for hours - when I'm not spending time learning how to use the TEF.

Yeah, it was a very good Black Friday here!

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

cool Larry, did you visit the boys at B&H ?
Lawrence wrote:So far, the Premier bass, Cinestrings runs, Sonnox Oxford Inflator and a $199 (!) 960 gig Sandisk SSD. Jeez. I have no friggin' willpower.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

James- I wandered into Amazon, got it direct from them, strangely enough. It was your showing me some amazingly low prices that got me seriously considering going 1 tb, so thanks!
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

enjoy, that's the best deal I've seen to date.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

(sigh) I've been looking to replace my EWQLSO orchestral percussion so I can use Kontakt and purge samples, so I picked up Impact Soundwork's Rhapsody Orchestral Percussion for $99. So far I like it, with a few exceptions. I'll do a little demo later this week or early next.

L.J. Nachsin

PhJ

Post by PhJ »

Finally went for Loegria !

edhamgtr

Post by edhamgtr »

ooooh .... I did some damage.

Was close to pulling the trigger on the full BML but held off. Couple niggling issues caused me to hesitate.

OA, EVO1,2,4, completed albion bundle and upgraded to ONE.
Heaviocity and cinemorphx.
Toontrack SD2 and a couple expansions.
Emotional cello
world perc bundle

waiting on embertone, Sonicouture to do some holiday sale.

Sometimes having secret funds in your paypal account is a beautiful thing .....

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

So far I think wst3 wins with his TEF unit. (Just had my room TEF'd two weeks ago. It's one of those necessary things you've got to do every so often.)

Coupla plugs here... Waves API 2500, Softube Tube-Tech CL-1B and a software version of the Shadow Hills box. Plus I got some quality phone time with its creator, Peter Reardon today.
I keep staring at the Audified u73b bus compressor. So I guess I was bulking up on compressors - one of those important food groups.

Pulled back from getting the BML Brass and RealiDrums. Whew! That was close...

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Good going kpc, Magic A/B should prove very useful: it has been for me.

This was an easier Black Friday than last year for me: AriaSounds Silk Piano, NI Action Strikes, Project Bravo, CineString Runs, CineOrch, TSAR-1R and a TEC Breath Bite Wind Controller. Think I'm done for the year. Will just delete all the newsletters that come into my mailbox from now on...
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

daedalus wrote: Will just delete all the newsletters that come into my mailbox from now on...
Right on.

TheUnfinished

Post by TheUnfinished »

Not really 'holiday haul' (again!), but another Ebay purchase...

Elysia Xpressor. :)

Erik

Post by Erik »

As I'm totally broke, I didn't grab anything. Was tempted by quite a lot of stuff, could have been Soundtoyz V5, some Spitfire (Albion One, eDNA and some more strings like Sable ensembles and some EVO), the last Sonokinetic phrases lib, Omnisphere update is a must-buy and so is Diva and I would like to update my Cubase too.
But firs and foremost I'ld really like to treat myself with a hardware synth (I could live up with a good controller though, full of knobs) : Analog Keys, Prophet 2 or 6, a couple of Mother 32's. Oops, I'm derailing the thread here.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986