There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Preview: Pettinhouse Classical Guitar 2

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Preview: Pettinhouse Classical Guitar 2

Post by Piet De Ridder »

To be released next month: Pettinhouse's Classical Guitar 2, with "new samples, a big improvement of the sound, new features such as Strum Speed, Latch mode, Chuck & Pluck, True legato, new articulations, infinite alternate notes and more."
Few people know how to sample a guitar quite the way Andrea does, so this is going to be very good. As this short sneak peak video shows:

_

Lawrence

Re: Preview: Pettinhouse Classical Guitar 2

Post by Lawrence »

Not to mention that he’s pretty darn good at playing guitar on a keyboard.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

playz123

Post by playz123 »

My comment exactly, Larry. I watched this video on YouTube yesterday, and have previously seen Andrea play a number of times before and he’s good! As for the new guitar, well obviously many new features and I’ve also been a fan of his previous offerings, so will be taking a good hard look at this one once it’s released.
Frank E. Lancaster

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Me too, Frank. I have his whole collection from when he threw it all on sale. I liked the steel string acoustic best.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

[TANGENT] This has made me think I really should have bought a Variax when there was some spectacular deal a while ago. I agree Andrea does a stellar job of trying to translate guitar to keys, but I'd always rather play a real guitar for guitar parts (with a lot of drop ins....). I like the idea of an electric playing acoustics as the Variax can, saves all that bother with microphones and essentially you play it the same way, so should be a much better end result. [/TANGENT]