There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Eventide / 'Elevate' (Mastering Bundle, currently reduced in price)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Eventide / 'Elevate' (Mastering Bundle, currently reduced in price)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

From the mail: "The Eventide Elevate Mastering Bundle (a multi-band limiter, human-ear EQ and powerful audio maximizer) will increase the loudness of your mix while maintaining or improving its dynamic perception. It uses intelligent, adaptive technology that responds in real time to your music; creating not only the loudest, but the best sounding master. Elevate utilizes 26 critical filter bands modeled from the human ear. Draw curves, solo bands and manipulate the transient attack for each individual band to bring out particular instruments such as kick or snare drums."

Elevate Bundle consists of 4 plug-ins:
- Elevate Limiter
- EQuivocate Graphic EQ
- NEW! Saturate Spectral Clipper
- NEW! Punctuate Transient Modulator

Currently priced at $139, instead of the usual $199.

_

Guy Rowland

Re: Eventide / 'Elevate' (Mastering Bundle, currently reduced in price)

Post by Guy Rowland »

Are you trialing this, Piet? I watched the first video but there didn't seem to be any A/B examples and couldn't find any elsewhere. The idea of combining the transients in particular with a maximiser is kinda interesting, but as you probably know I'm deeply sceptical of these kinds of claims in general.

synergy543

Post by synergy543 »

I bought this but it doesn't run in realtime due to the delay and heavy CPU load so its only useful for mixdowns. I didn't test it extensively but I wasn't impressed with the sound results. Maybe this isn't indicative of what's possible but the lack of realtime response was pretty much a deal-killer for my application.
Gregory D. Moore

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Guy Rowland wrote: Aug 15, 2018 5:22 pmAre you trialing this, Piet?
Presently not, no. But I would be if I had some work lined up that needed the treatment this software was written for.
The thing you're interested in, Guy -- a combination of (the option to) enhance transients and maximizing (plus lots more) -- is also part of Flux's Alchemist

_