There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Sample Fuel - Pad Motion Updates to 1.5 - Many New Patches

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
samplefuel

Sample Fuel - Pad Motion Updates to 1.5 - Many New Patches

Post by samplefuel »

Sample Fuel has announced the release of Pad Motion 1.5 Update for HALion, HALion Sonic and the free HALion Sonic SE.

New Features in Version 1.5:
  • Added 301 New Sampled Sources. Now includes 430 sampled sources in Version 1.5.
  • New Polarity button on the Step Modulator.
  • Many New Rhythmic "GATE" patches added.
  • 161 New patches added for a total of 609 patches now included.

Pad Motion utilizes all 4 synth engines from the CRE8 Engine:

GRANULAR Engine is a simple yet powerful modern granular engine that can utilize up to 8 grains. You can freely access 430 different sampled sources via a pull-down menu to be used in this engine.
SAMPLE PLAYBACK Engine is a simple yet powerful and efficient sample playback engine. You can freely access 430 different sampled sources via a pull-down menu to be used in this engine.
POLY Engine – Modern Classic 3 oscillator synth with 8 de-tunable voices. Also includes Sub and Noise oscillators. This is the exact same engine that powers our POLY Virtual Instrument.
WAVE Engine is a Modern dual oscillator Wavetable synthesizer with a Sub and Noise oscillator. This is the exact same engine that powers our WAVE Virtual Instrument.
Presets have up to 4 Layers and you can load patches in up to 16 slots that can be used multi-timbral or layered by assigning patches to the same MIDI channel.
You can load patches in up to 16 slots that can be used multi-timbral or layered by assigning patches to the same MIDI channel.
Intuitive single user interface that provides all the functionality you would reach for during composing or performing.
18 different insert effects.
61 Total effects via the aux channels.
8 Quick Control knobs to access the most common parameters for fast adjustments.
Works with soft elicenser or USB.

Price: $99.99. 1.5 is a free Update. More information can be found here https://www.samplefuel.com/

YouTube.com/watch?v=XBiTrU5U-Jo&t=1s

Lawrence

Re: Sample Fuel - Pad Motion Updates to 1.5 - Many New Patches

Post by Lawrence »

Danny et al-

Having bought The Hybrid Bundle (at a very reasonable price, admittedly) I wonder-would you guys consider doing upgrade pricing for Pad Motion as an incentive to early adopters?

It feels a bit like buying the same piece parts over again. Cheers.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi samplefuel,

Great to see you offer a free 1.5 Pad Motion Update. Very Cool.

Q. What's the best/easiest way to update the original Pad Motion in Halion Sonic to ver. 1.5 ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Topic author
samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Muziksculp wrote: Aug 27, 2018 3:44 pm Hi samplefuel,

Q. What's the best/easiest way to update the original Pad Motion in Halion Sonic to ver. 1.5 ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
+Open Halion library manager and "un-register" Pad Motion.

+Replace old PAD MOTION folder with the new PAD MOTION folder.

+Register the new PAD MOTION vstsound file...usually by just double clicking that file.

+When you open HALion Sonic SE it is a good idea to rescan the disk from the load tab browser....not always necessary but a good idea.

Topic author
samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Lawrence wrote: Aug 27, 2018 3:20 pm Danny et al-

Having bought The Hybrid Bundle (at a very reasonable price, admittedly) I wonder-would you guys consider doing upgrade pricing for Pad Motion as an incentive to early adopters?

It is not really the same thing as much as the engine is very similar. There will be a line of instruments coming out with a very similar CRE8 interface....however....email us info@samplefuel.com and we will take care of you.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

samplefuel wrote: Aug 27, 2018 8:56 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Aug 27, 2018 3:44 pm Hi samplefuel,

Thanks,
Muziksculp
+Open Halion library manager and "un-register" Pad Motion.

+Replace old PAD MOTION folder with the new PAD MOTION folder.

+Register the new PAD MOTION vstsound file...usually by just double clicking that file.

+When you open HALion Sonic SE it is a good idea to rescan the disk from the load tab browser....not always necessary but a good idea.
Thanks.

Topic author
samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Lawrence wrote: Aug 27, 2018 3:20 pm Danny et al-

I see you picked up PAD MOTION.....just curious if you have had a chance to check it out yet.

Topic author
samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Elicenser update news!

Sample Fuel licenses have been updated to authorize HALion Sonic SE. There is no longer a need to have a separate elicense for HALion Sonic SE as Sample Fuel licenses now authorize HALion Sonic SE to run on whatever machine you are using your Sample Fuel license on.

Please note that you have to update the data base of older eLicenser control center (support->update database)
or you install the latest one from here:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/te ... enser.html

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I did pick up Pad Motion. Thank you for your consideration.

I had one odd problem with the download. When I tried to simply download, I got a “failed” message 3 times. However, when I downloaded with WinZip as the default unpacker, it worked fine. Strange.

There are some nice things in Pad Motion so far. I haven’t gone through more than 30% of
the patches yet, so before I comment I’d like to finish doing so.

As the title would lead one to believe, almost all the patches are pads, correct?

Thanks again!
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Lawrence wrote: Aug 28, 2018 2:24 pm I did pick up Pad Motion. Thank you for your consideration.

I had one odd problem with the download. When I tried to simply download, I got a “failed” message 3 times. However, when I downloaded with WinZip as the default unpacker, it worked fine. Strange.

There are some nice things in Pad Motion so far. I haven’t gone through more than 30% of
the patches yet, so before I comment I’d like to finish doing so.

As the title would lead one to believe, almost all the patches are pads, correct?

Thanks again!

Yes.....definitely almost all PADS with Motion....a few are not but not many. Definitely play around with the MOTION quick control at the bottom as it can be very useful to dial down the motion.