There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spitfire introduces their Studio Series with Spitfire Studio Strings

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

givemenoughrope

Re: Spitfire introduces their Studio Series with Spitfire Studio Strings

Post by givemenoughrope »

To me Scandi-strings is just a sound, like fuzz guitar, old west saloon piano or Paul Desmond. I'm just tired of hearing it as a droning and endless minor chord.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I bought BDT for it's burbling, re-bowed (and re-blown) oddness. It was a VERY rare, quick impulse buy for me.
I've used it on two tracks and can see using it for more, but it's basically a one trick pony. They seem to be going for more with this collection, but to my ears they haven't gotten there yet. Sticking with SCS for now.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

1gc

Post by 1gc »

thesteelydane wrote: Sep 06, 2018 11:45 am Yes, most developers call detaché “bowed legato” but I have yet to hear one that sounds like actual detaché and is as agile as the real thing. I have most of the big string libraries, and it just doesn’t exist in any of them.
The VSL Orchestral Strings have long and short detaches, similar with Staccatos, and in some cases also Ports.
g.c.

thesteelydane

Post by thesteelydane »

1gc wrote: Feb 26, 2020 10:37 pm
thesteelydane wrote: Sep 06, 2018 11:45 am Yes, most developers call detaché “bowed legato” but I have yet to hear one that sounds like actual detaché and is as agile as the real thing. I have most of the big string libraries, and it just doesn’t exist in any of them.
The VSL Orchestral Strings have long and short detaches, similar with Staccatos, and in some cases also Ports.
g.c.
Yes, but detaché needs to be sampled like a legato, even though it isn't.
Bunker Samples - rule breaking virtual instruments