There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orchestral Tools / Time Macro

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Orchestral Tools / Time Macro

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Not much info on this yet, but the announcement video is ready:

_

Farkle

Re: Orchestral Tools / Time Macro

Post by Farkle »

My first instinct is, time stretched/time machine ostinatos, phrases, and swells. Which can be interesting. If they can not time-compress the release tails/room tails (Spitifre had a problem with that with Albion One, I believe).

Interesting!

Mike
Mike Worth

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Interesting Library from OT.

Looking forward to the release.

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Gosh this sounds fantastic. I hear a lot of things that I like from my favorite scores The Perfume score, Cloud Atlas score and John Adams and Ravel. Curious about the details for this one!

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Here's some more info and demos:

'TIME Macro' is separated into three types of articulations:
- Long sustained textures that have a sense of subtle forward movement
- Pendulum Swells - the movement of a pendulum transformed into dynamic swells
- Rhythmic patterns, which are reminiscent of clockworks

Ensembles:
- 10 Individual Sections
- Strings
- Woodwinds
- Brass
- Choir
- Harps & Vibes

Specs:
- 85 GB of samples (42 GB NCW compressed)
- 24Bit / 48KHz Patches
- Works with the free Kontakt Player and Kontakt full 5.8.1 or higher

_

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

One more pertinent piece of information:
199€ + VAT instead of 349€ + VAT

This offer is valid until the release of TIME macro, October 04.
'm struggling to get my head round it really - a bit of an abstract concept to apply musically, I'm not quite convinced that all those elements make for a convincing whole from a sample library perspective (the "rhythmic patterns which are reminiscent of clockworks" jars somewhat). That said, it sounds really ace in the trailer. Hoping for a proper walkthrough before the release date.

Tobias Escher

Post by Tobias Escher »

TIME macro can actually be quite melodical, it is not as tempo-dependent as Metropolis Ark 3, for example.
I did this doodle with the very first alpha. All elements are TMA with the exception of the drum loop (that is Groove Agent SE).
I find it works very well for long melodic lines that take their time (pun intended). For me TMA is a great sketching tool to lay a foundation for a track to be fleshed out by other instruments.
[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

PS: Clockworks by the way is _one_ specific patch. A lot of the patches are not "rhythmic patterns" at all that are tempo-synced.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Sounds somewhat like a more orchestral, less chamberish British Drama Toolkit, which I surprised myself by buying. Though limited, it has found a place in my arsenal. I like this one as well though it’s a bit more expensive.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

New walkthroughs are up! Sounds fabulous, kind of reminds me of a new symphobia, but with evos, special articulations, and slowed patches (good reason to record at higher sample rates as they did). Most patches sound very useful, unlike Tundra or LCO (which for me, didn’t seem that useful beyond backing up other instruments). Seriously this seems better (and cheaper) than another Arc imho.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Listening on the train and about to leap off, so only had time (if you will) to listen to the first one. Sounds terrific, and feels like it would be useable. Sort of Lunina territory, but goes its own way. I don’t need this as such, but damn...

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Guy Rowland wrote: Sep 27, 2018 11:58 am Listening on the train and about to leap off, so only had time (if you will) to listen to the first one. Sounds terrific, and feels like it would be useable. Sort of Lunina territory, but goes its own way. I don’t need this as such, but damn...
Ha, we got the same impression. Especially with all the split patches I think it will be better to use. And at intro price? I would kick myself for missing it. No Symphobia, on deep sale, has been this price. But regardless, such useful stuff, just how I get another 40+ GB into my templete is the question. ;) At least the patches look like they are not heavy on RAM (although knowing OT and their multi patches... my 128GB ram may finally come in handy. ;) )

Edit: Ok, the brass blowing through thier mouthpieces I don’t need... but I’ll let one slide. ;)

gtrwll

Post by gtrwll »

Well that sounds good. I did make a mental note about not buying any new libraries before BF, but this just might be too interesting to pass at that intro price.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Heavens above, just been through that 2nd video. This is a huge library... and lots of idiosyncratic colours which again feel useable. The vibe / harp combo sounds particularly ace. That intro price is very tempting indeed.

tack

Post by tack »

There is some legitimately fantastic sounding stuff in there. At 199€, it feels like an inevitability.
- Jason

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

tack wrote: Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm There is some legitimately fantastic sounding stuff in there. At 199€, it feels like an inevitability.
Suddenly, I'm uncomfortable. I'm having an existential crisis. Am I really here, or I am just an unpleasant reality that you all have to deal with? Am I just a fat blob of energy being sucked dry by a sample developer Matrix??

Damn you, Jason!
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Who thought it was a bright idea to present those walk-through videos???

I had settled on "no new libraries except maybe Symphobia 1". I was happy. My wallet was happy.

But this library sounds gorgeous, and it does add capabilities that I do not have, and more to the point capabilities I've been looking for.

For example, one of the things I like most about Adagio/Agitato is the dynamic bowing patches, they aren't perfect, but they can really breath life into a mockup. The pendulum patches here take that whole idea to a new level.

I am intrigued! But I will (as usual) wait till the last possible day and hope for some info from the really early adopters.

kpc

Post by kpc »

Again, I am with you Bill. No money in the budget, but damn this sounds great. And there are so many things here that I don't have elsewhere. So hard to resist the pull of gravity.
- kayle

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

After being diligent and pulling back from software purchases, you can sign me up.I cannot pass on this.

EDIT: Just finished watching and listening to both the screencasts. Simply blown away. Well executed and inspired. Wow.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I am spending way too much time trying to talk myself out of it!

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

The library sounds wonderful. But, I'm undecided about how useful this library would be, and what type of musical applications I would resort to it, and how well would I integrate it with more traditional orchestral libraries. ..etc.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Ordered! Realised this is my first new orchestral library purchase for a looong time, not sure how long, but I think over a year, maybe two.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

The Guy Review's gonna have to be fast! Intro ends Oct 4th....

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Oct 01, 2018 3:18 pm The Guy Review's gonna have to be fast! Intro ends Oct 4th....
I think that intro ends as the library is released, so don't think anyone's reviews can help there. Their walkthroughs - heavily scripted though they were - did a pretty good job at convincing me.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Guy Rowland wrote: Oct 01, 2018 3:40 pm
Lawrence wrote: Oct 01, 2018 3:18 pm The Guy Review's gonna have to be fast! Intro ends Oct 4th....
I think that intro ends as the library is released, so don't think anyone's reviews can help there. Their walkthroughs - heavily scripted though they were - did a pretty good job at convincing me.
Agreed. If I hadn’t gotten impulsively bought BDT I might have jumped on this.

Edit-just checked-nope, I was right. October 4th according to their site.

L.J. Nachsin

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

OTOH im half tempted to sell off libraries/my roli just to get my hands on their brass/strings

LOL.

waiting everyday hoping the phone will ring so I can get a decent job again, but man...
I've tasted blood - and despite how resource heavy OT stuff is, it has exactly what I want from a sampled library, minus divisi strings