There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Polyverse Comet Reverb

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
X-bassist

Polyverse Comet Reverb

Post by X-bassist »

A new reverb in public beta, sounds like it makes some unique and interesting tails, and has a preset crossdissolve glide which is “perdy koo”. Seems to be a close contender to Adaptiverb, but not as expensive (and hopefully not as CPU intensive(?)) . I have Altiverb, Adaptiverb, PCM, R-Verb, Valhalla, Spaces, Blackhole, SP-1600, VSS-3, and more yet I’m seriously cosidering this. It has it’s own sound and controls which might be useful for pads or an extra reverb layer, like Adaptiverb. Hmmm. Anyone have it and can let us know CPU use levels? Adaptiverb usually has to be recorded to not suck the life out of my CPU, although it’s gotten better.

https://polyversemusic.com/products/comet/

In public beta, now on sale for $99, another $20 off ($79) until APRIL 5th if you use coupon code:
POLYVERSEFAM1

Welcome to the Soundboard if this is your first time here. Sign up for free to get access to the extended site. Everything is free and ad free, supported by founding members. Check it out for some great info!

Cheers! -XB

tack

Re: Polyverse Comet Reverb

Post by tack »

Sounds interesting enough to demo. But there's just something about that Comet video that regrettably reminds me of this.

Edit: actually, there doesn't seem to be a demo.

For $79 I may take the plunge. I've been wanting to get Adaptiverb but find its price problematic.
- Jason