There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Impact Soundworks introduces Peak Rider

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Impact Soundworks introduces Peak Rider

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Impact Soundworks is proud to release our debut effects plugin: Peak Rider. Available now in VST & AU formats (32/64 bit), this versatile new tool can be used for subtle mixing, extreme processing, and even creating brand-new parts!
Peak Rider takes a sidechain input and uses it to create a new volume envelope for a main input. For example, using a dynamic drum track as the sidechain for a flat bass line, Peak Rider will copy the dynamic pattern of the drums on to the bass, bringing it to life.
Unlike a traditional compressor or expander, both boosting and attenuation are used depending on the sidechain. This can be used to restore dynamics to an overly-compressed track, match vocal harmonies to a lead, create rhythmic patterns, and a multitude of other uses: the possibilities are endless!"

Videos: http://impactsoundworks.com/products/pl ... er/#videos

_

Jack Weaver

Re: Impact Soundworks introduces Peak Rider

Post by Jack Weaver »

Yeah, looks like a great tool. When I first saw the announcement in my email box I quickly deleted it before checking it out. I've now gone back and seen the video. The Attack, Decay and Trans buttons on main signal/Ext SC seem handy. Very straight forward GUI. No fuss, no muss.

My only disappointment is their oversight in not making it initially available in AAX, also. Since it is basically an audio processing tool Pro Tools seems like a natural environment for it. That's the way I would tend to want to use it. I wouldn't mind using it in Logic/AU but it would mean that I would have to necessarily create a track in Logic before I mixed it in PT. There is no way that I would take the time while mixing in PT to go back and process a track in Logic. 'Way to much time and effort wasted.

Let's hope they see the light of day on this one very soon.

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

FYI, just got an email back from the developer and he says that AAX is coming.

DrQuest

Post by DrQuest »

Jack Weaver wrote:Yeah, looks like a great tool. When I first saw the announcement in my email box I quickly deleted it before checking it out.
I am curious about this initial reaction. Why was that?

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

DrQuest wrote:
Jack Weaver wrote:Yeah, looks like a great tool. When I first saw the announcement in my email box I quickly deleted it before checking it out.
I am curious about this initial reaction. Why was that?
Honestly, my first thought was, 'Hmmm, a sample library developer trying their hand at making audio processing plugins. Ho hum... out of their field of expertise. Can't be anything I'd be interested in.'

tack

Post by tack »

Anyone take it out for a spin, perchance? Any early impressions?
- Jason