There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Softube / Drawmer S73 Master Processor

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Softube / Drawmer S73 Master Processor

Post by Piet De Ridder »

From the mail:

Fusing together the best bits of Drawmer hardware with contemporary techniques from today’s top professionals, the new Drawmer S73 Intelligent Mastering Processor plug-in is the perfect tool for easy mixing.

What Is It?
The Drawmer S73 Intelligent Mastering Processor is an enhanced multi-band compressor plug-in featuring a simple Style parameter to switch between readymade mastering processing techniques using multi-band compression, equalization and mid-side processing. The Drawmer S73 is easy to navigate, producing a fantastic analog sound with unbeatable clarity and definition. Get a truly professional finish to tracks in no time!

Pricing and Availability
The Drawmer S73 Intelligent Mastering Processor will be available from February 2, 2016, priced at $99. However, an introductory offer for $75 will run until February 29, 2016. The Drawmer S73 Intelligent Mastering Processor will also be available to Focusrite owners as part of the Time and Tone Bundle (included when buying a product from Focusrite’s Scarlett, Saffire, and Clarett ranges).

wst3

Re: Softube / Drawmer S73 Master Processor

Post by wst3 »

I love the old Drawmer processors, especially their dynamics processors!!! I still have one of their MIDI controlled gates in the rack, but it doesn't get a ton of use these days<G>!

I'm also impressed with the Softtube plugins.

I will definitely be trying this one!!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I've been looking for the Easy Button for years- you know, the one that makes my tracks loud, clean and clear as heck while I watch the YouTube. Is this the one?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Lawrence wrote:I've been looking for the Easy Button for years- you know, the one that makes my tracks loud, clean and clear as heck while I watch the YouTube. Is this the one?
Believe it or not, the UAD Precision Multiband has a preset called Punch & Clarity that pretty much does that :)
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

wst3

Post by wst3 »

the elusive "easy button" -- on my list right after "the perfect guitar tone"<G>!

Jay's comment is not far off. I'd offer up the Izotope Multiband as an alternate that gets scary close to easy. My own secret weapon is... hmmm, do I really want to share???... oh what the heck - my secret weapon is the Maag EQ4. It does nothing for dynamics, it is a straight EQ, but the center frequencies they selected are very musical, or very musically useful. And the sub and air band filters are doing something magical! (I know what the air band is doing, I built a hardware version years ago when the Maag hardware was released, just to see if I could guess<G>.... their implementation sounded better than mine, but I did get close. I still have no idea what the sub does.)

As a stab-in-the-dark guess, I think any competently implemented multi-band compressor or dynamic equalizer can provide the same magic, the thing that still stuns me about the Precision Multiband is that preset - one of the handful of presets I've not felt the need to tweak - or more accurately, few of my tweaks ever made things better!

I am very keen to give the Drawmer S73 a try too.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

At present, having moved past 10.68 and having a UAD 1 card, I am UAD deprived. I'm not sure whether I'm going in invest further, as this is the second UAD card I've owned that's been orphaned.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin