There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

>> 2nd hand Kyma Paca in UK listed on ebay <<

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Udo

>> 2nd hand Kyma Paca in UK listed on ebay <<

Post by Udo »

Search ebay for item 121870605747

It's the same model I have. It's the smallest of the current models. The other one is the Pacarana, with nearly twice the power. I haven't really missed the additional power for non live work so far (other than that doing some things would have been a bit quicker or easier).

They rarely come up 2nd hand.

Aesthete

Re: >> 2nd hand Kyma Paca in UK listed on ebay <<

Post by Aesthete »

Hi Udo, there is a private sales section btw here for future reference, good luck with the sale. I miss my Kyma.
http://thesoundboard.net/viewforum.php?f=47

Topic author
Udo

Post by Udo »

Aesthete wrote:Hi Udo, there is a private sales section btw here for future reference, good luck with the sale. I miss my Kyma.
http://thesoundboard.net/viewforum.php?f=47
I'm not selling my Paca, no way! Just thought some people, in particular in the UK, may be interested in the one on ebay.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

rarely might be a bit of an understatement!

Topic author
Udo

Post by Udo »

wst3 wrote:rarely might be a bit of an understatement!
Here in Australia I've only seen 1 in the past 2+ years and that was a Pacarana, not a Paca (the same unit was actually listed a few times, because it didn't sell).

I'm tracking Paca & Pacarana on ebay worldwide (at least the ones that ship to Australia). They rarely come up. The one currently on ebay UK is the 1st one there I've seen for quite some time.

The older Capybara is more common.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I'm tracking them too, except for shipment to the USA<G>, at least we aren't competing - that would be bad!

I have never used the Paca or Pacarana, but I did get to spend some quality time with the Capybara, and I've thought about going that route, but I fear the tireless march of technology would mean I'd spend more time getting it to work than I care to. Anyone wish to tell me otherwise???

On the other hand, the Capybara included audio I/O, which could be helpful...

On the other hand, new development is done on the Paca, so eventually new tricks won't work on the old dog...

on the other hand, this is probably part of the reason I don't have one!!