There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spitfire Audio Day Three & Four NAMM

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Aesthete

Spitfire Audio Day Three & Four NAMM

Post by Aesthete »

Modular American Drums Library (Matt Sorum and Josh Freese) Recorded at A&N Studio B.

Joey Santiago (The Pixies) Guitar Library

The Bernard Herrmann Project

more info TBA

kpc

Re: Spitfire Audio Day Three NAMM

Post by kpc »

Aesthete wrote:...
The Bernard Herrmann Project

more info TBA
This sounds interesting
- kayle

Killiard

Post by Killiard »

It does indeed. Were there any details about what exactly that means? I mean I get that it'll be something that sounds like the man's work, but will it be a full orchestra or just strings I wonder. Or I guess it could be something like the Albions i.e. orchestrated patches.

The guitar library surprises me. Mostly because I don't see a Joey Santiago guitar library as an obvious choice (and I do very much like the pixies).

I'm sure a lot of folk would be just happy to have the BML completed (volume 2) first :P

kpc

Post by kpc »

I found this little blurb over at timespace
And finally, after a year of negotiations, Spitfire will be commencing one of their most exciting collaborations to date. Due to be released in late 2016, the first volume of the Bernard Herrmann Collection will deliver a medium sized band recorded in a smaller, drier location with his far reaching inspirational aesthetic. Spitfire promise they will combine a fresh approach to sampling to usher in a new attitude to string composition using virtual instruments with an educational element to inspire future generations. As an added bonus, the team will also be working with the Saul Bass estate who will be providing the raw materials of yet-unseen works as part of the packaging and GUI design.
kc
- kayle

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

Herrmann Teaser.

and to better guess where this is going perhaps. A Herrmann sampler.

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

Joe Santiago Teaser

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

Modular Drummer Vol. 1 teaser. Abraham Laboriel Jr. one of my favorite drummers is involved in this project.

TheUnfinished

Post by TheUnfinished »

I can see my face quickly disappearing off the 'artists' page on the Spitfire website! Haha. :)

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

TheUnfinished wrote:I can see my face quickly disappearing off the 'artists' page on the Spitfire website! Haha. :)
Hurry up and makes some more art!! ;)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Aesthete

Re: Spitfire Audio Day Three & Four NAMM

Post by Aesthete »

Day Four: Sacconi Strings Vol .2 Cello Released