There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Indiginus Renegade (Fender Telecaster)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Indiginus Renegade (Fender Telecaster)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"We're very pleased to announce the release of our latest library, Renegade Electric Guitar! We took a particularly sweet-sounding Fender Telecaster, and sampled all three pickup switch positions (2 pickups) to bring you a very faithful re-creation of a classic instrument. Renegade shimmers with detail when clean, but can get down and dirty when it needs to. Along with our usual articulations like slides, hammer-ons, trills, and chords, we found a way to create realistic sounding string bends that work great with the automatic harmony. This is our most deeply sampled instrument yet, and received rave reviews from all who heard in at NAMM in Anaheim!
As usual, the price is designed to make you feel that you got way more than you paid for. Introductory price is $49 for a limited time, and the regular price will be $59."

Sounds pretty well done to me:

OVERVIEW

DEMO

_

Lawrence

Re: Indiginus Renegade (Fender Telecaster)

Post by Lawrence »

IMO, Tracy. does the best inexpensive libraries of any developer. Sounds damn good to me, and I'm an okay guitarist who will probably buy it for good tone and ease of use.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Love it. My only wish for Tracy's guitars is that eventually we can play our own chords/inversions like Pettinhouse. But the sound is just stellar.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

kpc

Post by kpc »

Sounds great to me. Not being a guitar player, I think this might be really useful. And the price is pretty good. Downloading now as I am working on a cue that could use something like this.
- kayle

wst3

Post by wst3 »

as a guitarist I remain skeptical about guitar libraries, but Indiginus and Orange Tree are slowly (and surely) changing my mind.

This one is brilliant, I think his tele sounds better than my tele (time to go looking for new pickups again.)

I'll be buying this one for certain.

Killiard

Post by Killiard »

Sounds nice...and I've got two telecasters myself.
I generally try and record all my guitars myself but to be honest a lot of the time it's a lot more convenient to have it as midi. Especially if it's something like banjo (which I'm rubbish at) - my banjo is gathering dust on the rack while I use the Bolder Sounds one :thinking:

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

It does sound very good, and the programming / scripting looks very well thought through. I don't find myself in the same position as Jordan though - I do have one or two very good guitar VIs, but I only very rarely turn to them, usually when a part is far beyond my ability to actually play it on a real guitar. The problem still is that even with the various programming tricks and breadth of articulations it's still almost impossible to play a keyboard like you play a guitar - instinctively I'm always taking advantage of all the strange idiosyncrasies of the 6 strings, the tuning, the strumming technique etc. Many (not all) of these things can be emulated with endless care and patience, but maybe because I have a particular (and to use the word again, idiosyncratic) playing style, it'll still be quite a different result. And the word "instinctively" is a very important one too - what is effrotless and natural on a guitar can be monstrously difficult or even impossible on a VI. And vice versa, it can be very easy to play something that is quite unnatural on a real guitar, which can either be useful or can give the game away that it isn't real.

And one more thing - fun. I love playing guitar. It uses a different part of the brain, it's always a great moment where I pick it up off the shelf and do something honest for a change. Well, mostly honest... there is still editing to be done....

All that is a tangent, and I don't want to take away from this particular example. Guitar VIs have come on massively in the past 5 or so years, and this looks like an excellent example.

kpc

Post by kpc »

I've been playing with this one most of last night. I really like it. I know nothing about playing guitar other than you hold it and there are 6 strings (sometimes 12) all tuned differently and you press certain places on the neck to change notes. Oh, and you can bend notes literally by bending the strings. :P

This is my first real guitar library as well. I've played around with the guitars in EXS and Kontakt but that's about it. They never sounded very good to me. I think I'll post a cue I'm working on in a new thread. Perhaps you all can provide me some playing tips and suggestions.
- kayle

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

@Guy- totally agree. I almost always play guitar parts on guitar. However, I'm setting up a travel system, and I ain't dragging an electric and an acoustic around. Renegade will be helpful for that. Also, I'm a better keyboardist than guitarist, so sometimes playing something fast on keyboard is much less effortful.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

...and to complete the love-in, agree with that too Larry. That's about 95% of the time I'd actually use a guitar VI - on the road.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Bought this yesterday, and for the next three hours I did nothing but play it, jam, and go through the manual. Love i It includes some very interesting, usable and varied snapshots as well. IMHO...a no-brainer purchase, whether or not one is a guitarist.
Frank E. Lancaster