There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

WavesFactory 'Demonic Virtuoso' / harpsichord library

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

WavesFactory 'Demonic Virtuoso' / harpsichord library

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Demonic Virtuoso, for Kontakt 4 and above, is based on a harpsichord recorded at the same studio as our 'Drum Circle' and 'Suspended Cymbals' libraries.
The harpsichord was widely used in Renaissance and Baroque music. During the late 18th century, it gradually disappeared from the musical scene with the rise of the piano. But in the 20th century, it made a resurgence, being used in historically informed performance of older music, in new (contemporary) compositions, and in popular culture.
Recorded with 3 microphone positions: close, decca and outrigger. 4 round robin, all notes sampled (no pitch shifting), time based release samples. Behaviour, sound and playability faithfully replicated thanks to our advanced script. We can proudly say that there are no difference between this library and the original instrument. "

Intro price of €19.95, goes full €29 on February, 15th.

_

Lawrence

Re: WavesFactory 'Demonic Virtuoso' / harpsichord library

Post by Lawrence »

Sounds pretty good, although I would have to say my need for an authentic harpsichord is pretty minimal. Still, the price (sigh).

Piet-you bought it, of course? ;)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Re: WavesFactory 'Demonic Virtuoso' / harpsichord library

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Actually, no, I haven't. I might one day, but I already have several pretty good sampled harpsichords, so there's no urgency to add another.
If I didn't have any yet though, this WavesFactory one would be an instant buy. Seems like a really good library.

_