There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Analogue Drums / Dead Beat

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Analogue Drums / Dead Beat

Post by Piet De Ridder »

With a not too subtle nod to Beatles-typography in its own logo, Dead Beat by Analogue Drums is introduced as "a dampened kit in a 60s/70s pop style, based around a 3-ply '70s Ludwig kit with a selection of vintage Zildjian cymbals, Ludwig and Premier snares. Dead Beat will do the Abbey Road tea-towel thing, and is also great for dry funk and r'n'b, contemporary folk and indie, pop, and a whole lot more.
Three snares, two separate pairs of toms (dead, and buried) for two different levels of dampening, and three kick drum options give you a heap of options for finding the tones that work best for your track. The kit was sampled at The Manor through a selection of fine vintage and modern recording pieces, finished with an outboard signal chain."

Here's the demo page and this is the product page.

_

wst3

Re: Analogue Drums / Dead Beat

Post by wst3 »

I have ENOUGH drum libraries!!! Recently I've been making a real effort to use only the Toontrack libraries I already own (and sometimes RealiDrums because the workflow is so fast) because I can spend way too much time playing with drums!!!

And yet, I listened to the demos and was transported back in time to my high school rock band. I might just end up getting one more drum library. I really do need a 12 step program<G>!